Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats coming back in a big way?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
WOW!
mad-hatter-1.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I just don't understand how the fashion world can take some of these things so seriously. Or maybe they don't, maybe they just tolerate some designers.

Some of those designs look downright...rude.lol
Brad

Brad Bowers said:
I just don't understand how the fashion world can take some of these things so seriously. Or maybe they don't, maybe they just tolerate some designers.

Brad

Yeah, you see something like that and think, man, these people just gotta be joking.

But, you know, something in simple, good taste isn't as photo-worthy. It leaves me feeling a touch of sympathy for the serious designers whose work goes unnoticed because it doesn't scream at us.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It says "French PAP" right on the description.

That said, I think it's pretty cool. Obviously not meant
to be something one wears in the street. But in a Tim Burton
or Terry Gilliam movie, it could work.

anon`

One Too Many
Brad Bowers said:

Brad
Without pausing to comment on the Lovecraftian-level of horror that... thing inspires in one (whoops--that was a comment, wasn't it?) I'll just offer this bit of serious thought: the idea isn't to have the crazy-stupid or wretchedly exaggerated ideas or designed adopted wholesale. The idea is to gauge reaction from the market, then cherry-pick those aspects that are well-received and figure out how to incorporate them into rather less obnoxious products. Automakers do the same thing with concept cars. Though I think that, in the case of "fashion" designers, there is no small amount of ego at work ;)

anon` said:
Without pausing to comment on the Lovecraftian-level of horror that... thing inspires in one (whoops--that was a comment, wasn't it?) I'll just offer this bit of serious thought: the idea isn't to have the crazy-stupid or wretchedly exaggerated ideas or designed adopted wholesale. The idea is to gauge reaction from the market, then cherry-pick those aspects that are well-received and figure out how to incorporate them into rather less obnoxious products. Automakers do the same thing with concept cars. Though I think that, in the case of "fashion" designers, there is no small amount of ego at work ;)

So I guess that's another reason why I shouldn't expect to see one of these atop the head of any "real" person (as contrasted with those who get paid to don such attire) anytime soon.

And besides, I just don't know where in your typical family Batmobile a person could possibly put it.

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
designers hate models and want to see how far they can go and still keep a straight face.
PROOF
pee wee Herman here gives it his best shot
14u9t3q.jpg

this poor guy winds up with sad puppy eyes
2natlba.jpg

and finally this one gives up the struggle all together
2vj348g.jpg

p.s the rest did yeomans work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member