Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats in Macbeth

Edward

Bartender
Those of you in the US who want to see this production could be in luck - searching google for pictures of the show, I found this news article:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/111484.html

Can't find any photos online at all.... if I had an operational scanner I suppose I could scan some in from the programme, though I think (as is ever the case) most of them are close ups of the leads rather than the background details we're all after!

BellyTank said:
Something is Rotten...

In the state of Denmark - or London?

77339665_ad1d139e9b_o.jpg

?

lol

Mr. Lucky said:
Edward -

That must have been amazing! I have a particular fondness for the Scottish Play; and to have it done with Patrick Stewart...

As for interpretations of The Bard, on celluloid, I've always been fond of Ian McKellen's "Richard III" set in a Nazi-ish era, probably the 30's. The moment where his jeep is stuck and he shouts that most famous of Richard lines - "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!" Inspired adaptation.

Stunning. Yes, McKellan's fascist-dictatorship Richard III worked beautifully. :)

Marc Chevalier said:
In that Macbeth, did the witches wear pointy hats?

Heh. No, 40s era military-nurse type costumes, with the headwear alone being changed to suggest kitchen staff as appropriate.

jimmy the lid said:
I would love to see Patrick Stewart on stage. What a treat that must be!

Cheers,
JtL

If ever you get the opportunity, do. I believe he is the finest actor of his generation - certainly among the best in the world of any age. Few folks can match him for sheer stage presence alone.

carter said:
:D :D

Edward,

I'll help you if I can secure a seat as well!

What are the dates?
:D

It opens in July 08, runs through from 24th July to 15th November (not every night - I think the RSC norm is three or four performances a week of any one show). Currently booking is open only to Friends of the RSC (of which I am not at present - may change that, though, in time for the next London season!), due to open to the public on October 15th. I'll be trying to get myself at least one show in. At least. That's assuming there's any seats left by the time the RSC members are all finished!

The RSC also does a London season every year - usually the most popular two of their Stratford season shows are transferred to the West End. In early 2007, that was Anthony and Cleopatra, which I missed (still kicking myself) and The Tempest, which I saw. I would be extremely surprised if Spring 2009 doesn't see a London transfer for Hamlet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland