Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats in the Belfry and Hollywood Hatters

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I have purchased one hat from Hats In The Belfry. A good order overall. I can also confirm that they handle returns very efficiently.

donnc

One of the Regulars
One inexpensive hat from each. Hats in the Belfry was fine, and since the hat was their label, I should mention it was fine also.

Hollywood didn't work out quite so well, and while they were courteous and in the end they did what they needed to do to make it up, and I'm sure it was a rare exception, it wasn't just an accident either. If they have something no one else has, go ahead and give them a try, but if you have a chance you might just emphasize that you really want what you're paying for, and not something else they think is probably about the same.

Unfortunately, after all the trouble, the hat that came out of it was carried off by accident by some folks who live on an isolated little island of the coast of British Columbia, and I can't say for sure I'll ever see it again.

donnc

One of the Regulars
Adcurium said:
I know that 'ya get what ya pay fer'

Or at least you may get what you pay for, if you insist on it and are willing to pay return postage.

Belfry is fine. Other economical mail order options that are well known here would be http://www.aztexhats.com/ (see recent thread for pictures), and http://villagehatshop.com/. I bought a hat from the former, they're fine, and the latter seems to be well thought of here. Don't compare prices without accounting for the postage - for example, if I remember right Village Hat Shop's postage tends to be less, so their prices are better than they might appear at first glance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner