Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats of other colors than black, gray or brown/tan?

Sam Craig

One Too Many
BTW, Mike

I went on the Last Best site and you are right ... that Custer hat is UGGGGLY, man.

Custer didn't always have the best taste in hats, but I doubt he'd have gone for that one.

He did have his picture taken in a great looking, turned up brim, white or silver belly .... I believe it was on the 1874 campaign? I'm working from memory here.

It's probably the same one he wore two years later and it ended up in a pawn shop just north of Little Big Horn,

Sam

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Rust is definitely not a color for everyone but that one from Art is one of my favorite hats. I think it's a red head, or in my case mostly former red head thing ;)

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rust is definitely not a color for everyone but that one from Art is one of my favorite hats. I think it's a red head, or in my case mostly former red head thing ;)

Hi, I actually love that hat, but the color is slightly wrong for me. If it was a lot less orange, I'd like it. I'd wear it in Pecan or Whiskey.

Custer was almost a red head in skin color according to several books, he tended to wear big brimmed hats, as close to white as he could get. I disliked both the color and the crown on the last best Custer job.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic