Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats on TV

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
PBS is re-running Kangaroo Dundee where I live. This time I noticed that the star, Chris "Brolga" Barnes, is wearing a well-seasoned Akubra Coober Pedy. How cool is that?!
kangaroo-dundee.jpg
kenguru-dundee_alice-springs_australia_mari-bareksten-4.jpg
54eff46ee2542.image.jpg

Standing is Warren Oates and kneeling is Bruce Dern. I don't know who the guy is with his hands on his knees.
I see the resemblance now to a young Warren Oates & Bruce Dern but I don't think I would have recognized them without lots of study & guesses. Could the other one be Nick Adams who would later play The Rebel?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
My man Robert Vaughn wore hats from time to time in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (1964-1968). Beware if you have an aversion to stingy brims:

MFT_01.jpg HMV_01.jpg

And his boss, Alexander Waverly (played by Leo G. Carroll), wore this lid whenever he left headquarters:

concr312_crop.jpg

I don't know if RV wore mid-sized brims in any of his non-Western roles. Hats were considered "out" by then (the mid-60s). But he would have looked good in a Bogart-esque fedora.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner