Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatters beware! American hatter threatens to sue over matches behind the ribbon!

Screen_Shot_2017-11-28_at_5.07.19_PM.png

Whodat?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Lefty W.

One of the Regulars

Maybe it is because this is a screen shot from a TV broadcast, but this matchstick does not appear to have a green head. I thought the only color Mr. F used for the business end of his "trademark" was green.

Several of the folks who offered statements in support of his trademark application specifically commented on the green matchsticks, and all of the photos of the hats included in the trademark application appear to include matchsticks of the green variety.

The color green clearly appears to be a function of the alleged mark. The trademark examiner should have pointed that out.

deeoeraclea

New in Town
I don't wanna be rude or anything but I would like to correct a statement made early saying that hornskov is the only hatter in Denmark as there are actually 6 one of which is the second oldest hatter in the world still in function

named petitgas and is located on koebmagergade 5 in Copenhagen and is currently being run by a lovely elderly couple and has been in business since 1857 which is where I'm planning on taking my 1912 a f bodecker silk topper for a refurbishment

PS:my ''reply/comment''? is properbly a tad bit off topic

https://www.facebook.com/pages/F-Petitgas-Eftf/430711750322435

Last edited:

deeoeraclea

New in Town
also some videos albeit in Danish if anyone is interested there isn't actually much on the other hatters of Denmark on the internet though. tough?

petitgas
Kirsten hattekunst on PeterBangsVej 105 in frederiksberg

some other Danish hatters with no internet presence include

Marie Wahlstrøms modeforretning on Toldbodgade in aarhus
Andersen&berner hatte on Nørrebrogade 45A copenhagen
modist Susanne juul on Store Kongensgade 14 copenhagen

Last edited:

deeoeraclea

New in Town
apperantly Marie Wahlstrøms modeforretning went out of business and has been for quite some time now so just ignore that from the earlier list

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner