Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have You Ever Met A Movie/TV Star or Celebrity?

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
I have met a few in my work....

Alan Alda
Glen Close
Jim Dale
Ted Kenedy
Dan Quale
Ronald Regan
Daniel Baldwin
William Shatner
Treat Williams
Ron Howard
Chris O'Donnell
Dom Deloise

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
I have met a few...

... over many years:

BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY

Queen Elizabeth II
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Princess Anne, the Princess Royal

ASTRONAUT

Buzz Aldrin

COSMONAUTS

Alexei Leonov
Alexander Volkov

TV ASTRONOMER

Sir Patrick Moore (He's an old friend and I have stayed at his house on occasion)

ROCK BAND 'QUEEN'

Brian May (great guy and fabulous guitarist!)

DOCTOR WHO (TV SERIES)

Tom Baker (The Doctor)
Jon Pertwee (The Doctor)
Colin Baker (The Doctor)
Elizabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith)
Nicola Bryant (Peri)
K9 (himself!)
Nicholas Courtney (the Brigadier)
Anthony Ainley (The Master II)
Various Daleks and Davros :eek:
David Banks (the Cyber Leader in the 1980s)
Myself (I once played a Cyberman in an English cable TV documentary) :p .

STAR TREK (TV SERIES)

Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean-Luc Picard) whom I met when he played Prospero in Shakespeare's 'The Tempest' at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford upon Avon.

Walter Koenig (Ensign Chekov)
Renee Auberjonois (Odo)
Ethan Philips (Neelix)
James Doohan (Scotty)

BABYLON 5 (TV SERIES)

Jerry Doyle (Michael Garibaldi)
Mira Furlan (Delenn)
Bruce Boxleitner (Capt. John Sheridan)
Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar)
Bill Mumy (Lennier)
Stephen Furst (Vir Cotto)
Walter Koenig (Alfred Bester)
J. Michael Strazinski (the genius behind Babylon V!)

When I met Bruce Boxleitner, I was standing in a corridor at a convention, wearing full Earthforce uniform, and as he passed by I snapped to attention and saluted him. He saluted smartly back and said to me "At ease, soldier!" and inspected my uniform before moving on... lol

STAR WARS (MOVIES)

Dave Prowse (Darth Vader)

AGATHA CHRISTIE'S POIROT (TV SERIES)

David Suchet (Hercule Poirot)

There are many more, I can't remember them all. Great guys and gals all!

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Wow

Nobody famous, huh? <<;)Ron

Two Gun Bob said:
... over many years:

BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY

Queen Elizabeth II
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Princess Anne, the Princess Royal

ASTRONAUT

Buzz Aldrin

COSMONAUTS

Alexei Leonov
Alexander Volkov

TV ASTRONOMER

Sir Patrick Moore (He's an old friend and I have stayed at his house on occasion)

ROCK BAND 'QUEEN'

Brian May (great guy and fabulous guitarist!)

DOCTOR WHO (TV SERIES)

Tom Baker (The Doctor)
Jon Pertwee (The Doctor)
Colin Baker (The Doctor)
Elizabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith)
Nicola Bryant (Peri)
K9 (himself!)
Nicholas Courtney (the Brigadier)
Anthony Ainley (The Master II)
Various Daleks and Davros :eek:
David Banks (the Cyber Leader in the 1980s)
Myself (I once played a Cyberman in an English cable TV documentary) :p .

STAR TREK (TV SERIES)

Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean-Luc Picard) whom I met when he played Prospero in Shakespeare's 'The Tempest' at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford upon Avon.

Walter Koenig (Ensign Chekov)
Renee Auberjonois (Odo)
Ethan Philips (Neelix)
James Doohan (Scotty)

BABYLON 5 (TV SERIES)

Jerry Doyle (Michael Garibaldi)
Mira Furlan (Delenn)
Bruce Boxleitner (Capt. John Sheridan)
Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar)
Bill Mumy (Lennier)
Stephen Furst (Vir Cotto)
Walter Koenig (Alfred Bester)
J. Michael Strazinski (the genius behind Babylon V!)

When I met Bruce Boxleitner, I was standing in a corridor at a convention, wearing full Earthforce uniform, and as he passed by I snapped to attention and saluted him. He saluted smartly back and said to me "At ease, soldier!" and inspected my uniform before moving on... lol

STAR WARS (MOVIES)

Dave Prowse (Darth Vader)

AGATHA CHRISTIE'S POIROT (TV SERIES)

David Suchet (Hercule Poirot)

There are many more, I can't remember them all. Great guys and gals all!

Jerekson

One Too Many
fleet16b said:
Currently , I am working with :

Hilary Swank, Richard Gere, Ewen MaGregor and Jane Mansfield's daughter Miriska ?
All very nice people

Hello? Details?

The Wingnut

One Too Many
From this past weekend: Vic Edelbrock, racing legend and founder of Edelbrock Performance Products.

06.jpg

WH1

Practically Family
-Grew up with (grade school through high school) Chris Botti-jazz musician/Sting's trumpet player
-Went to high school with Dave Johnson Decathlon Bronze medalist Barcelona Olympics, great athlete and a great guy
-Partied several times with the Violent Femmes and the Crazy 8's while in college
-Met Major General Marion Carl, first Marine fighter ace ever, also first Marine Helo pilot, jet pilot, etc. He was a great man and very friendly.
-Rex Barber, shot down Yamamotos plane
-Greg Boyington, Baa Baa Black Sheep
-Bruce Porter, Marine night fighter ace
-Harvey Barnum, Medal of honor recipient
-went to college with AC Green of the LA Lakers
-Met James Earl Jones, very pleasant and personable
-Baxter Black, cowboy poet and author
-Lots of Rodeo and Reining/Working Cowhorse people over the years
-Barb Minty, Steve McQueens last wife

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Funny how many people have met celebrities at conventions. In the late '70s I met Walter Koenig at a comic book convention. He was going by the vendor tables and stopped at the one my friend had. What struck me most at the time was how grey he was. Not just his hair, but his skin seemed greyish as well. I thought he looked like death warmed over. Nice guy, though.

In the early '80s when I was stationed at Offutt AFB and attending Bellevue College the art club I belonged to at the school had Tiny Tim as a guest speaker at at lunch. He wore his trademark comicbook outfit--at the time I thought of it as a tux but it had the long tails.

I met Jean-Michel Cousteau in 1997 on Guam shortly after his father's death. The Micronesian Divers Association dive shop had brought him in for a weekend of activities. One evening was a dinner followed by a slide/movie show he narrated about his father. The next day was a get-together at the one brew pub on the island where he had lunch with a handful of us. A great guy! And, of course, he had all the latest in dive gear... :D

TomwithJ-MCousteauGuam972.jpg

TomwithJ-MCousteauGuam97.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I remembered something to add this thread this morning, but it's pretty lame, based on the amazing posts and pictures above.

I was asked to dance by a member of Big Bad Vodoo Daddy before a concert, but I was hosting a client for the evening and had to say no. :rage:

LuketheLurker

Familiar Face
WH1 said:
-
-Partied several times with the Violent Femmes

:eek: You are My hero! I love the Femmes. :eek:

As For me I have met (shook their hands and said hello and that was about it) Mike Love and Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys and B.B.King.

I have Partied with HankIII (Hank Williams's Grandson) and Reverand Horton Heat. That is about it for me.

splatt

One of the Regulars
Back in the late 1980's and early 1990's i made a living starting of as a roadie and then very quickly working my way through the ranks of; lighting technician, lighting designer, assistant crew manager, crew manager, assistant production manager, production manager, assistant tour manager and finally tour manager for a heap of Australian and international acts working mostly in Australia.

Along the way i got to meet and hang out with some amazing and talented people...along with a few which were just downright strange...though as they say; "what happens on tour...stays on tour" ;)

The list included...

The actual full list is about three times as long.

You wouldn't believe some of the things i saw on tour...i even had trouble believing some of the stuff i saw :eek:

Eyemo

Practically Family
Most of the Cast of "Band of Brothers"...Worked for Mr Speilberg and Mr Hanks. Also loads of Brit actors that you've probably never heard of..:eusa_doh: Try and list more as I remember:)

Eyemo

Practically Family
Oh yes.. Kenneth Griffith (Wild Geese)....and the cast of Saving Private Ryan... and Dale Dye.

B

BAZ

The record store I worked at in Liverpool also gainfully employed:
Pete Burns (Dead Or Alive)
Paul Rutherford (Frankie goes to Hollywood)
Julian Cope
Pete Wylie
half of Echo and the Bunnymen
Courtney Love used to hang around looking for a "star" to latch onto!
and we did have many visitors of the "celebrity" ilk:
The Flamin Groovies painted the counter
Keith Allen (comedian, currently in "Robin Hood" on BBCAmerica)
Genesis P. Orridge
Cyndi Lauper

In New York I had a great conversation with Mark Hamill about the Creature From The Black Lagoon, chatted with Dirk Benedict, talked Johnny Cash with Tarantino, kicked Michael Jackson, suggested Oliver Stone remove his child from the "Adults Only" section, my friend Richard Taylor brought Peter Jackson in to meet me, and the best, but least tangibe, my best riuend, Ivan, drove ELVIS PRESLEY from the airport to his hotel in San Diego!!
Oh, wait, also danced with Lisa Marie Presley at a great bar in the West Village

Lilibet

New in Town
I danced with Jimmy Stewart, for about a minute, when I was 19. It was at a fundraiser for the San Francisco Zoo; he and his wife were there as she was a big supporter of several zoological societies. Anyway, I was dancing with my mom and he was dancing with his wife, and then she turned around and started chatting to my mom, so he turned around and danced with me. Then the song ended and they left the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari