Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you guys seen this video about “styling leather jackets for adult men”…

VansonRider

One of the Regulars

This is such an awful jacket I thought it might be satire…

Attachments

• AF2F17DD-4458-43C1-94D7-DE74E54D1496.jpeg
    AF2F17DD-4458-43C1-94D7-DE74E54D1496.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 83F8DEB8-BCB1-4039-AB26-E9AD71C62EE7.jpeg
    83F8DEB8-BCB1-4039-AB26-E9AD71C62EE7.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 68

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I haven't watched the whole video, but it seems to me like a blind man talking about colour.
I also find the jacket he is wearing downright ugly because it doesn't fit him front and back. Calfskin wouldn't be my first choice either if I were looking for a motorbike jacket. It doesn't look like armour either, as flabby as it is.

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
It's the "foux-ness" that bothers me so much.
I'm convinced the top stitching on the shoulders doesn't even go through both layers of leather. It looks like they cross stitched a big piece of leather, cut pieces out, and boarder stitched them on.

The zips don't cinch down the wrists at all.

And the cut looks exactly like a 90's jacket,

It's like someone designed a jacket based on what they remember a motorcycle jacket looked like...

While moving...

From far away...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
of course I think most here know these dudes, RMRS that always sounds like insurance salesman, when there is a button cap on the edges of the lapel that doesn't go through with actual snap and no corresponding snap on the body of the jacket to anchor it down, you just don't follow through with the purchase, you should know its a scam jacket :p plus antonio guy is probably the most non genuinely sound youtuber you'll ever hear, the way he talks has no personality whatsoever, like news anchor reading a prompter.

when raw denim was popular he talked about special denim made with leather patch from stingray skin, and button caps from spent bullet case... rather than talking about real "quality" denim made in US or japan, or other countries, that was currently available the weigh of the fabric or construction... seems like he doesn't bother to look around for facts and just come up with something straight up weird and doesn't mind to scam his followers into cheap crap watches too.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
gentleman's gazette is usually pretty honest in their contents, even when his style is to period themed or sometime borderline costuming, but he hardly ever try to sell fraud stuff to anybody unlike those fake watches or crap leather jackets antonio and alpha m trying to scam you into.

zebedee

One Too Many
I reckon the half belt style is timeless, but I also reckon that you should never listen to age-related clothing advice outside the office (and, if you have a couple of decent suits, disregard it there, as well). If it's from a spouse or loved one who could be right, don't embarrass him or her, but, when out alone, wear what you like.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
have you seen her husband, he has to wear suede bomber, not even real bomber look but something like a slim monochrome suede bomber without any pockets probably with blacked out zipper too and no other leather jackets :confused:, and probably the only boots he is allowed to wear is chelsea boots.... and she is hardly good looking almost like if mariah carey has an even less attractive younger sister ,and if you take notice she hates layering, she never layer her clothes and never wear creative or fun accessories not even a necklace or creative hair do, she wear very basic clothes really just a single piece no need to mix and match no creativity whatsoever.

cafe racer should go to landfill, because it repels any women according to her

Last edited:

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
Oh, I think we're all just good naturedly poking fun at some "fashion influencers". I hope no one's getting angry for really real, but I don't think anyone is.

I really enjoy the Gentlemens Gazette, in fact. And I disagree with some of what they say, too. But they're putting out more of a
"this is the traditional way, and that's great knowledge to have, so if you do decide to break with tradition, you understand what the rules used to be, and why."

Kind of vibe.

But the most important thing is that
https://joseluisrocha.com/shop-jackets/the-icon-jacket
This specific jacket that costs over eleven hundred dollars shouldn't be worn by men over thirty years old, or under thirty years old.

Or thirty years old.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
If that jacket is priced as such in mexico, im 100 positive those people is laundering narcs money lolol who even buy that ugly jacket, vanson chopper probably the jacket they try to replicate is $150 cheaper than that thing

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Finally got a chance to listen to her first two segments about the Shorts & Jackets "Men over 30 should never wear." Ugh. I feel quite a bit dumber after having watched that... and I wasn't very smart to begin with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy