Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Fashion help

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
hawaiian shirt

Did women wear hawaiian shirts in the 50s, and if so how and with what? I have one that's my size, that I was thinking of wearing tucked in with capris and an elastic cincher belt... Please let me know how/if women wore them back in the day!

strangerous

New in Town
cherry lips said:
Did women wear hawaiian shirts in the 50s, and if so how and with what? I have one that's my size, that I was thinking of wearing tucked in with capris and an elastic cincher belt... Please let me know how/if women wore them back in the day!
i also do this although i'm not sure if it's the authentic style! i'm curious if anyone else has some info!
i bought an aloha shirt that was on the smaller side (a little boy's size large...) so i don't have to tuck it in. and i wear cuffed socks and oxfords with this or leopard print flats. :3
polka dot, plaid, or aloha print button-down shirts is about 50% of my wardrobe. hehee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy