Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Shirts - Aloha Shirts

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Constantly amazed at the variety of themes on Hawaiian shirts. I've seen many fish themed shirts but that's different.

Last edited:
That's a real beauty Mike. Looks like a good one to be hanging out in the corner booth of a Trader Vics. Are there any tiki type places out where you are?

Mailman brought this cotton Hilo Hattie today, you guys are a bad influence. It's kind of anti-climatic after that fish number, though

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378507419406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378507419406.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 242
Here's a fish themed shirt by DaVinci with real shell buttons. Tiki necklace by Tiki King. You made me do it Mike

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378507955057.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378507955057.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 245
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378507972577.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378507972577.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 224

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice ones dh66. Glad to be a bad influence. Really like the DaVinci with the kool Tiki necklace. I have a plain brown (I think) DaVinci, nice shirts.

If you look real hard you can find some evidence of lost Tiki-ness in some of the old apt complexes around here. No more Tiki lounges left up here though. Trader Vic's in Seattle closed at least a decade ago. Dined and dashed there with a bunch of 16 yr old buddies in my misspent youth. Poor waitress, $86 1970's money tab. I don't know how we got away with all the cocktails looking like the punks we were. There was also a local strip joint called The Tiki that the same bunch of us loitered at but never managed to crash. Bouncers are a tougher con. Had a very kool Mid-century coffee shop we'd hang out in till the waitress got tired of pouring us refills. On a lucky night a stripper would take her break in there and we'd annoy her with our adoration. Good times. Local mob burned it down for insurance. Thanks for bringing back the memories ;)

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
All right Michael, even 5000 miles can't keep you from amassing. The interweb is the greatest invention of all. I see chili peppers, ears of corn, but I'm mystified what the large round things with stem/roots are. Salsa ingredients? It's giving me a craving for Mexican food.

Maduro - I don't think I've ever seen a chili themed one before, I like it. Peprivka???

Mike - I have worn a hawaiian shirt on New Year's Eve down here in the deep South. I hope I can help keep it afloat during the winter.

maduro 5

A-List Customer
Maduro - I don't think I've ever seen a chili themed one before, I like it. Peprivka???

Mike - I have worn a hawaiian shirt on New Year's Eve down here in the deep South. I hope I can help keep it afloat during the winter.
The description said: Passion fruit , red hot chili peppers, corn on a distressed pattern

Top shelf Nick. Sun Surfs and Avantis are the Cadillacs and Lincolns of the Hawaiian shirt world. Keep 'em coming.

Waaaay to hot for this yet Mike, but it's coming.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378573012862.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378573012862.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 217

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles