Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Not all of the shirts that Tina has made for me are traditionally bright and flowery, this green fern leaf print is one example. I love it and I am always appreciative of Tina's talent. How I smile when I get asked: "Where did you get your shirt?" It's the look of disappointment that such an admirable shirt is unique. "Your wife made it?" they say, "Yes she did," I will reply, trying not to look too smug.

Just for good measure she made the high rise trousers too, what a clever girl the lady is.
Green shirt 002.JPG Green shirt 003.JPG Green shirt 005.JPG

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Ms. Tina is, indeed, very talented. If she opened a shop, I know her clothing would command top dollar.

Is she up to touring in the MG this spring?

Not all of the shirts that Tina has made for me are traditionally bright and flowery, this green fern leaf print is one example. I love it and I am always appreciative of Tina's talent. How I smile when I get asked: "Where did you get your shirt?" It's the look of disappointment that such an admirable shirt is unique. "Your wife made it?" they say, "Yes she did," I will reply, trying not to look too smug.

Just for good measure she made the high rise trousers too, what a clever girl the lady is.
View attachment 597775 View attachment 597776 View attachment 597777

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Ms. Tina is, indeed, very talented. If she opened a shop, I know her clothing would command top dollar.

Is she up to touring in the MG this spring?
Her work is, as you say Randy, top dollar, and it's very kind of you to compliment her, but she has always maintained that doing it for a hobby is fun, whilst making a living from it inevitably has all sorts of pressures, like deadlines, stock availability, carrier damage or losses, the list is endless. She is happier to do it as and when it suits her.

Did you know that her chosen career, before retiring, was a paramedic in the ambulance service? Now there's pressure, but she took it in her stride.

Christchurch 02 sept 2023 007.JPG

Here she is in one of her own dresses. She not only made it, she designed it too. Hopefully we will be out and about soon, perhaps even, by the end of this month. Easter is early this year and there's a lot going on in and around where we live.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Very good. The picture shows just about the right amount of pressure, I'd say! Enjoy your spring activities.

Her work is, as you say Randy, top dollar, and it's very kind of you to compliment her, but she has always maintained that doing it for a hobby is fun, whilst making a living from it inevitably has all sorts of pressures, like deadlines, stock availability, carrier damage or losses, the list is endless. She is happier to do it as and when it suits her.

Did you know that her chosen career, before retiring, was a paramedic in the ambulance service? Now there's pressure, but she took it in her stride.

View attachment 598093
Here she is in one of her own dresses. She not only made it, she designed it too. Hopefully we will be out and about soon, perhaps even, by the end of this month. Easter is early this year and there's a lot going on in and around where we live.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Back at you GHT. Your Hawaiian shirt and fedora combinations are classic.
When you've got style, you'll always be a cool character!
What a generous compliment, much appreciated.
Blue hat & shirt 005.JPG

shirts and co 006.JPG

The bold pattern on this shirt garners many a compliment. The way Tina lines up the pattern where it's buttoned and all but makes the breast pocket disappear always attracts attention.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Fern shirt and stone trousers 001.JPG Fern shirt and stone trousers 002.JPG
We have a busy weekend coming up, but chores still have to be done. I have been pressed into the weekly supermarket shop this morning. Tina needs to finish a hemline on a dress that she is wearing this evening. We are off to a Glenn Miller type big band dance this evening. Tomorrow, after church, we will be in the MG for a classic car meet, that's followed by Sunday lunch (rather late) at our favourite pub and then the evening will see us at a second Swingtime dance. It's all go, well, sort of, the dancing is more sedate these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner