Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Stay'n alive! Big hat big shirt Lando. Look'n like I need to hang my Hawaiians up for the season and pull out the Pendeltons up here.

Great combo Lando. Awesome shirt.
The weekend went sour for me here, but more are down the road.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
So I was wrong again, got to don another Hawaiian shirt and Pandora after a last minute invite to dinner and the forecast rain didn't come. Shirt is technically Hawaiian since it was made there by Tori Richards. More of an Atomic pattern though

She's feeling better now Mike, thanks for asking. Problems with the gall bladder, I understand it can be quite painful. Fluids and pain meds, then see about getting it out in the near future.
I said I'd help keep it going, so I wore this old (it can't be vintage if I'm the original owner) Iolani and a Dobbs to pick up some dog food this morning. It's a little snug when buttoned up these days.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379858811992.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379858811992.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 127

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Sorry to hear about your wife's suffering, a trouble free body is a rare thing these days. Nice Iolani and I'd steal your trick of unbuttoning those too tight shirts except it would defeat the purpose of covering up my spare tire.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry to hear about your wife's suffering, a trouble free body is a rare thing these days. Nice Iolani and I'd steal your trick of unbuttoning those too tight shirts except it would defeat the purpose of covering up my spare tire.

+1

It's strange how shirts shrink these days. I think they must be doing something to the water :)

Again Mike, thanks for the kind words. It doesn't do much to cover mine either, but sadly I'm at a point in my life where sometimes I just don't give a ......., well, you know what I mean. Even with the keg showing (they sure ain't 6 pack abs no more) I was still the sharpest dressed cat up in the walmart at 7 a.m.

Lando

Practically Family
So I was wrong again, got to don another Hawaiian shirt and Pandora after a last minute invite to dinner and the forecast rain didn't come. Shirt is technically Hawaiian since it was made there by Tori Richards. More of an Atomic pattern though

It's subtle but a very cool shirt. I had to look at it a bit to kind of get all the detail. It's deceptive.

I'm holding on here. I've read that how you dress can effect the way you think on some level. It seems to be a way that we trick ourselves into acting the part. People dressed in white labcoats did better in testing than a control group in just their plain clothes. And when a different group got the white labcoats but were told they were artist smocks, they did worse than a group that were told they had white labcoats. It's very funny how our minds work. That said, I wonder how exactly hawaiian shirts and hats effect the thought process lol More rum please. :)

My other Buckaroo and a little more subtle shirt. Gray with a burgundy ribbon is probably one of my favorite combinations in hats with ribbons. I've had it down a few times and all the hats came out looking great.
9952583213_d2e137ff93_c.jpg

That's a nice combination Lando. Looks like the right getup for some rum drinks for sure.

Chilled with the kiddos in the yard earlier with some bbq chicken and watermelon. Heading out to grab a beer or few now that they're in bed.
Aloha by Hilo Hattie, hat is a vintage "gold bond beaver" by Stevens.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380330888721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380330888721.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 142
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380330928529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380330928529.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 144

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member