Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Viper Man said:
Ha. This thread rocks. I had to join in the fun.
357937608.jpg

Great photo, ViperMan. But that lid is fantastic! What can you tell us about it?

Cheers,
JtL

Viper Man

Banned
Thanks, Jimmy! This is a Silverbelly vintage Open Road that I had rebuilt by Optimo. They changed the ribbon, shortened the brim a touch, and added a wide binding.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Ah, that rings a bell. Reminds me of Optimo's "Mitchum" fedora, which is a great look. That is a fabulous lid, my friend. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

MisterGrey

Practically Family
The new stingy brim I picked up last night as a total impulse buy. I think I might need to put something in the band to make it hug my head at a higher point.

n613185091_6173300_4434675.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
That's pretty good, MisterGrey. And a pretty authentic lookin' shirt to boot.

I scored a vintage tie in that scheme recently but it had a stain I couldn't remove so I had to toss it. Really pained me 'cuz that red with off white flower pattern is the bomb in an old tie.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Well, I broke my 'flowerdy shirts' outta' mothballs today. I felt under the weather and it sorta' cheered me up to see them.

Not sure if I'll be posting here as well as in the "What hat are you wearing today" thread. Probably just post there. But I'm gettin' close.

carter

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
That's pretty good, MisterGrey. And a pretty authentic lookin' shirt to boot.

I scored a vintage tie in that scheme recently but it had a stain I couldn't remove so I had to toss it. Really pained me 'cuz that red with off white flower pattern is the bomb in an old tie.
Dude, You coulda used that tie for a hatband! :eusa_doh: ;) :)

Warbaby

One Too Many
Haven't gotten my summer stuff out of the trunk yet, but here's one that I picked up at the thrift shop last month. I really like the pattern matching on this one, but why does it make me feel like I have to pee all the time...

HawaiianHat1cr.jpg

Daoud

One of the Regulars
A not-very-good self portrait-please excuse the background junk show....I just got the shirt today- it's an old "Go Barefoot" I got on eBay.....there's some good deals to be had on some vintage Hawaiian shirts- I always thought they'd be expensive. Unfortunately you don't find much in the thrift stores in my size. The hat is a cheapo I got on eBay as well.....did some experimental re-shaping and now I like it, though the brim is almost too narrow for me. The hatband I got here: http://e4hats.com/ - a great place to get puggaree-type hatbands-all kinds of patterns and colors, all $5.99.
hawaiian1009.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Pduck said:
It's almost springtime here in Wisconsin. Here's my new Panama Bob Montecristi:

Panama.jpg
Man, I wish I had thought of that..... that is really cool in more ways than one........ Great idea and pic.......

I got my two Akubra Bogarts and while this could fit into what hat are you wearing today , or new hat thread, I thought I would throw on a semi Hawaiian shirt and post it here...... I must admit, I like these Bogarts better than anything else I have.......

28jcr46.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Ordinary Guy said:
Man, I wish I had thought of that..... that is really cool in more ways than one........ Great idea and pic.......

I got my two Akubra Bogarts and while this could fit into what hat are you wearing today , or new hat thread, I thought I would throw on a semi Hawaiian shirt and post it here...... I must admit, I like these Bogarts better than anything else I have.......

28jcr46.jpg
NICE!!!
Break open a few of those bottles behind you ....and me a GTDean will find that durn maltese falcon that everyone seems to be talkin' about!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn