Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
More Hawaiian

Nothing like a Hawaiian back drop to put you in the mood....another of my Hawaiian shirts. Had this one since the early '90's....

bogartandhawaii02.jpg

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
My daily beater (Resistol Conversion) and sportin' my 1936 Silk Chapman's. Perfect day for it. The Heat Index because of the humidity is atrocious.... hawaiifedora.jpg

RJ

James K.

New in Town
The company I work for is very cool in regards to our work attire. All the better for me to wear my Hawaiian shirt there, so here's a photo of me today. The hat is a genuine low-grade panama blocked in Italy (cost about €130), one that I am fond of, despite its quality. It's one of those hats that you feel they fit just perfect on you, you know?
wH4S3Tp.jpg

(obviously, I don't have the hat on while indoors)

Last edited:

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
Nice one, James! I wear my lid rudely indoors as well. Especially in my studio. Can't "think" without it. Thinking cap....heh

Today's Aloha/Fed combo is, of course, my daily Resistol Conversion Beater and a vintage Korean Rayon Aloha from the early 60's that hangs nice and loose and is very drafty and cool.

alohafed.jpg

RJ

James K.

New in Town
Nice one, James! I wear my lid rudely indoors as well. Especially in my studio. Can't "think" without it. Thinking cap....heh

Today's Aloha/Fed combo is, of course, my daily Resistol Conversion Beater and a vintage Korean Rayon Aloha from the early 60's that hangs nice and loose and is very drafty and cool.
RJ

I dig both the hat and the shirt Redwoodjedi; a great combo! To be honest, while I'd like to wear my panama indoors, it tends to make me sweat... quite a bit. I do however like wearing a hat when playing/creating music, with or without an audience. You're right; it's as if the brain can't function hat well without.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The backdrop is at least very nicely manicured, Mike! MUCH better than I could ever do with our vegetation.

johnnycanuck, Happy Canada Day to you too! I miss those days of visiting my grandparents, going out on the Atlantic near Peggy's Cove at the crack of dawn to purchase lobsters from the returning fishermen!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Jeff, my wife is entirely responsible for the manicure. I occasionally pitch in and pull some weeds but otherwise only responsible for poop patrol.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Now here's a real find. I bought this Hawaiian shirt at a thrift store today for $5 and it's actually made in Hawaii! This is gonna look good with my Panama!...

xzsj.jpg

p79j.jpg

p7t8.jpg

The tag says Hand Wash or Dry Clean but I put it in my washer using cold water on the "gentle" setting...then I put the shirt in my dryer on low heat for 30 minutes and it came out great!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24