Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hello all ~about eastman A2 i real need your help

kirkaero

New in Town
Get help from Charles at historypreservation. He is a 10 point drop between chest and waist size. So he not only sells Eastman jackets, but he knows how to fit your body type. He will be back open in a couple of days. Good luck.

Brettafett

One Too Many
If this is your first high end A-2, then it may feel rather restrictive. From the photos, your jacket looks fine.
What model is yours? The Werber? House model? The Roughwear 27752, Pearl Harbour and house models are roomier fits generally. Also look at the HLB A-2.
I also have an athletic V- shaped body. My favourite Eastman is a RW1401 size 40 long, but the HLB was very comfortable in a 40,
I am 5'10 72kgs.
If you don't want to try another A-2, I second Nick's comment about the G-1. It is more narrower at the waist with broader shoulders. VERY comfortable jacket, as is the classic M422a. The bi-swing back makes them both very easy to move around in and esp sit with arms raised as in driving (or flying ;)
Also have a look at AVI LTHR's Bronco A-2 and 55J14 G-1, both very well made jackets, at a lot less $ than an ELC.
And very comfortable. The Bronco A-2 is a softer goatskin and easy to wear out of the box.
The G-1 has a thicker goatskin and wide shoulders, with a narrow waist. I did reviews of all the above jackets somewhere on the lounge.
All the best,
Brettafett

elevensun

New in Town
I go buy a hartmann 44R but I think is too Fat on waist....I hold each said like 4cm use my hand will right fit.... sould i go for 40R?
knitted sweater insaid

Shoulder anying else is feels good 191780CF-A901-49FE-8074-474C5E5F608B.jpeg DD5D7172-7FA3-4E2D-8EE6-A93C613DBC83.jpeg BBAE372B-8260-45C9-AAC0-762D5A4D5EAC.jpeg

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've found the same issue with mine, but shoulders & chest fit great, thinking about getting a leather 'tailor' to alter mine for a slimmer waist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran