Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello everyone

Speedster

Practically Family
Hello fellow loungers,

I am new to this forum, and would like to introduce myself.
I am a dane, living in Denmark with my wife and 2 sons. I have for as long as i can remember been interested in most things old. Clothing wise i prefer flying jackets and chinos and denim. I am not hooked on vintage suits yet, but i am getting there. My main interests besides flying jackets are classic cars and Cowboy Action Shooting. My dresscode for the shooting is 1880'ies so somewhat older than the golden era.

Speedster

Jake

One of the Regulars
Wlcome to the lounge, looks like you will fit right in. What kind of a hogleg do you carry for action shooting? A round for all.:cheers1:

Speedster

Practically Family
Thanks Jake,

I'm carrying:

Cap and Ball (Blackpowder):
Pietta 1860 Colt New Army in .44 Cal.
Uberti 1858 Remington New Army in .44 Cal

Cartridge (Blackpowder):
Uberti 1873 Colt Single Action Army Cattleman in .45 Cal
Uberti 1866 Winchester Lever Action Rifle in .45 Cal

Cartridge (Smokeless):
Ruger Vaguero in .357 Cal
Ruger New Model Blackhawk in .357 Cal

but not at the same time though.

In Denmark calibers above 9 mm/.38/.357 are not allowed for smokeless loads, but for blackpowder loads there are no caliber limitations.

Tony_Mr_Henry_Westernman_Mad_Max_Co.jpg

Me to the right.

Speedster

Jake

One of the Regulars
Nice derby, I have a Reminton 1875 uberti in .45 lomg colt and beleive it or not it actually shoots exactly where the sights are pointed. Just as accurate as my Smith & Wesson mod. 29. Pretty amazing for a fixed sight single action.

Speedster

Practically Family
Jake said:
Nice derby, I have a Reminton 1875 uberti in .45 lomg colt and beleive it or not it actually shoots exactly where the sights are pointed. Just as accurate as my Smith & Wesson mod. 29. Pretty amazing for a fixed sight single action.

Pretty good for for a fixed sight single action. Wish mine were like that. The only one that shoot where i aim is the Super Blackhawk, but that is with adjustable sights.

I don't know if the Derby is in fact a Derby. The brim is a little too wide i think. Might be a Homburg that lost its bashing. Will try to get some pictures taken of it and post in the hat section to get some opinions one it.

Speedster

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the Lounge, Speedster!

Great photo -- you and your sidekicks really have that Old West look.

I love your shirt and boots. I have read that the bowler was really the hat of choice in the old west. Do you own other cowboy hats?

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR