Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello, I'm new!

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Hi book_lover;

Would you kindly post what pictures you can find of those ladies? I have long hair too, between what is called "bra-strap length", and waist length, and very, very straight.

I would appreciate it!

--Leslie

Caledonia

Practically Family
Hi Booklover and welcome. The Lounge is a great place, so keep those cocktails coming and sit in at the table! Summer certainly did blink out in Scotland, but I'm hoping for a grand September (fellow Scot here).

That book "40s hairstyles" - don't hold out too much hope. If its the Turditch one it sells on ebay for very huge amounts of money and is otherwise unobtainable. But keep checking out the Lounge. You'll get pretty much everything you need to know if you go back through the posts.
:)

book_lover

Familiar Face
Leslie, I certainly will do that. Haven't got round to it yet but intend to before tomorrow as my hair appointment is at 4pm....

Hallo Caledonia! Nice to see another Scot (although I'm only honorary - English originally). I've been to a picnic in the park with some other Mums today, and it kept alternating between glorious sunshine and belting down.

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
I have been considering a couple of things regarding my hair:

Remington Heated Rag Rollers, $19.99 from Ulta. Have any of you ladies tried these? I might even pick up a jar of Dippity-Do, which I haven't used in many years!

I am also thinking about getting a very loose body wave in my stick-straight, noodle-limp hair, to make it easier to style.

book_lover, are you gonna show us your new 'do?

--Leslie

p.s. I've forgotten how to post a link on a .php board; can someone advise me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara