Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello

Havana Joe

Familiar Face
I'm new here, so please forgive me if this is a redundant question.

Are there any affordable manufacturers of vintage style suits? I am interested in the 30's and 40 styles, and in belted jackets.

Looking forward to learning here!

Havana Joe

farnham54

A-List Customer
Welcome to the lounge, Joe.

With mixed results, some members did order some vintage style suits from MyCustomTailor.com. Hemmingway Jones has a very nice suit from them; another member had a very nice suit ruined by some dye running from buttons! I myself have just ordered a suit and wait patiently for it's delivery. Suits there are about the same price as an off-the-rack job Stateside, with the advantage of having vintage styles and the head-swelling "I get my suits tailor made" marque :)

Other then that: Ebay and Thrift Stores.

Cheers
Craig

Havana Joe

Familiar Face
Interesting. How are those MyCustomTailor.com regarding armholes and fit? Are they close to the old suits?

Thank you good sir!

Havana Joe

farnham54

A-List Customer
If you do a "search" for mycustomtailor.com here in the forums you may find more info on that; since I just ordered my first suit I really cannot say, nor do I have any good vintage to compare it to.

Alternatively, shoot Hemmingway Jones a PM.

Cheers
Craig

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Havana Joe said:

Are there any affordable manufacturers of vintage style suits? I am interested in the 30's and 40 styles, and in belted jackets.

Havana Joe

Depending on your budget, you might also check out Magnoli Clothiers. The proprietor, Indy Magnoli, is a member here. His suits are in the $350-500 range.

Havana Joe

Familiar Face
Are Magnoli's suits more authentic/comfortable than the other place? I've heard of Magnoli. It seems that his prices aren't that much more and perhaps his quality is better?

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Havana,

Feel free to e-mail or PM me with any specific questions. We can make you one of the styles on our site or design a unique suit just for you. Drop me a line and we can discuss the details.

You might also want to read the reviews on my site to get an idea of the quality of our merchandise.

Kind regards,
Indy

Havana Joe

Familiar Face
Mr. Magnoli,
I checked your site and must say that the clothing looks beautiful! I am in the process of losing another 20-25 lbs and will order a suit soon after. I really like the Indy suit with the belted back.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Wait a few years and Marc Chevalier and Matt Deckard will surely come up with something- they have great eyes for Golden Era styles and I think they can faithfully recreate them should they be let loose.

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Ghos7a55assin said:
Wait a few years and Marc Chevalier and Matt Deckard will surely come up with something- they have great eyes for Golden Era styles and I think they can faithfully recreate them should they be let loose.

Where do I send the check?

;)

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Welcome

Havana Joe said:

Havana Joe

:eek:fftopic: Welcome to the Lounge HJ. What part of the great state of NC do you hail from? I am from Rocky Mount.

Gray Ghost

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
As of yet I haven't seen a well made vintage repro of a men's suit that didn't cost an arm and a leg save one from a Hong Kong Tailor.

Jorge Avalos In Long Beach os pretty good and he takes armhole measurements and knows how to do the fancy backs correctly. There is another in Beverly Hills with which I still need to check in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn