Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help date my vintage M-422A or G-1 Experts Needed!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Sure.

This is the back pic from that online auction place (that I won't mention) from which I am getting it.:rolleyes: lol
a900_1.jpg
[/IMG]
I know it's not authentic because of the maker's tag inside. But comparing it to the picture you posted of the original, it's not bad for 60 bucks. :)

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
Looks from the back to be a Chequers English Outfitters G-1. A very obscure maker from Maryland (U.S.) They normally have scalloped
pockets and a later model Talon zipper.

Good catch.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Senicko_Spain said:
Looks from the back to be a Chequers English Outfitters G-1. A very obscure maker from Maryland (U.S.)

Good catch.
Spot on! :) I'm thinking it's 70s or 80s, and it looked nicely made. You saw the auction I take it?
Now to the books for some research as to the nose art I will most likely apply.

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Spot on! :) I'm thinking it's 70s or 80s, and it looked nicely made. You saw the auction I take it?
Now to the books for some research as to the nose art I will most likely apply.

Yes, I saw the auction...I'm good, but not that good. ;)

Pics when you're done. Please.

Is there anyone who might be able to appraise this jacket?

With all due respect, it's not something that can be done on an Internet forum. Put it on eBay. It's worth exactly what someone will pay for it, nothing more.
It's all guess work here. Finding a local antiques appraiser might be a better path.
Good luck with it.

Highlander

A-List Customer
Top gun jacket

Just wondering, has anyone else noticed that Maverick has a "Cheif Petty Officer" Collar Emblem on the pocket of his G-1 Flight Jacket. Any ideas as to why he would have done that????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats