Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Hair!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
bettybabe said:
Hello Darlings!

I'm getting married September 6th of this year and I'm looking at doing my hair for my wedding 1094s/pin-up style. Any suggestions!?! Thanks!;)

I think you meant "1940."

We're just having a little fun. Welcome to the Lounge! :)

bettybabe

New in Town
Yikes!

AH!!! Haha, I just saw my typo! Boy do I feel silly! Thanks for the welcome! I'm so glad to be here! Let's hope that I don't want my wedding hair to be from 1094!!! EEEEKKK!!! :p

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
bettybabe said:
AH!!! Haha, I just saw my typo! Boy do I feel silly! Thanks for the welcome! I'm so glad to be here! Let's hope that I don't want my wedding hair to be from 1094!!! EEEEKKK!!! :p

Don't worry bettybabe, I never noticed your typo either AND never got the joke until it was explained. I don't even have blondeness as an excuse :p Welcome to the lounge.

bettybabe

New in Town
Awe, thanks, Lola. Everyone has been so nice here. And it's such a great medium for some awesome vintage resources. I am currently trying to grow out my bangs. They're right at the tip my nose right now. They're kind of in that in-between stage where they're too long to leave in your face but too short to pull back. Any cute style suggestions? I've always done a great job with my pin-up make-up, but I'm horrible with hair and don't have a lot of time in the mornings.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bettybabe said:
Awe, thanks, Lola. Everyone has been so nice here. And it's such a great medium for some awesome vintage resources. I am currently trying to grow out my bangs. They're right at the tip my nose right now. They're kind of in that in-between stage where they're too long to leave in your face but too short to pull back. Any cute style suggestions? I've always done a great job with my pin-up make-up, but I'm horrible with hair and don't have a lot of time in the mornings.

Does you hair take a curl? Could you wrap them up at night and then have fluffy curly 40s bangs like Lucille Ball?
Growing out bangs is such a nightmare I haven't had the courage to have them since...1971 or so...

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
WELCOME Bettybabe.. I am sure you will find lots of wonderfull hairstyles in the links posted above, but do post your pinup makeup! I would love to see it!

bettybabe

New in Town
Thanks, Darhling! I'll post some pictures here in a bit!

And Miss 1929, that's a fabulous idea. I'll definitely have to practice, though. And when I finally do get it right, I'll post pictures!;)

bettybabe

New in Town
Pictures!

Thanks to Darhling, I uploaded my pictures to Photobucket and went from there! Thanks, Darhling! Give me some feed-back and some constructive criticism!

P.S.
The tattoo is on the right side of my upper-back. Her name is Betty and she's even got old-school sailor tattoos on her arm! The other pictures are my 1940s make-up.

416.jpg

413.jpg

409.jpg

403.jpg

betty1.jpg

2l8bsy1.jpg

405.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I love it!! You look so cute! I wish I knew how to pose like that ( I allways look so 'okay I am being photographed now so roll upperlip into mouth, stare freakishly at the camera and look unnatural' :) )

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
bettybabe said:
Oh yea right! Your eyes are mesmerizing! Not to mention ya gotta love the arched eyebrows! That's always my favorite part of pin-ups!:)

aww that was nice of you.. yep you gotta love the arched eyebrows!! I do not have any problem in that department!

I forgot to say that your eyeliner is PERFECT!! I love the tiniest little flick upwards.. very professional!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner