Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Hair!

bettybabe

New in Town
Awe, thanks, Madison Paige! *::blushing::*

I just bought a new red nail polish and I'm so stoked. I also just bought some snap on magnetic rollers. It says on the package that they're bouffant rollers. They're not electrical or anything and I can't sleep in them because they're big and plastic, so I'm guessing I just roll my hair in them when my hair is damp with some gel in it, and then blow dry them while in the rollers? Any suggestions, Dolls?:p

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bettybabe said:
Awe, thanks, Madison Paige! *::blushing::*

I just bought a new red nail polish and I'm so stoked. I also just bought some snap on magnetic rollers. It says on the package that they're bouffant rollers. They're not electrical or anything and I can't sleep in them because they're big and plastic, so I'm guessing I just roll my hair in them when my hair is damp with some gel in it, and then blow dry them while in the rollers? Any suggestions, Dolls?:p

Such a pretty girl!
I think the bouffant rollers might give you too large a curl - on me, they would make my hair straighter! How big across are they?
Check out the pincurls thread - you can sleep on pincurls, as they lie flat on your head. Blow drying is never very kind to hair, and I find I don't get as lasting a set as if I let it dry on its own.

bettybabe

New in Town
Oh EEEGADS!!!! Amanda, that video was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! Boy I would love to do the Victory Rolls for the wedding!!!!!! Where can I get those sponges/foam rolls? I'm dying to get some, like, THIS weekend!!!! I need to start practicing! You are so cute!!!

P.S.
What ragtime were you listening to in the background? :D

Amanda Five-O

New in Town
bettybabe said:
Oh EEEGADS!!!! Amanda, that video was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! Boy I would love to do the Victory Rolls for the wedding!!!!!! Where can I get those sponges/foam rolls? I'm dying to get some, like, THIS weekend!!!! I need to start practicing! You are so cute!!!

P.S.
What ragtime were you listening to in the background? :D

Hello, doll, and thank you for your lovely response! Okay. I get those sponges from NYC (from Ricky's NYC). You can get the 'net' type ones on the net from the VermontCountryStore (dot com). Alternatively, I also use the foam parts of those 'foam and plastic' curlers (you know the ones I mean...the ones that have the foam and you sort of clip the plastic bit around it). But - as it's your wedding - and if you can't find the proper foam rolls (which I swear by), send me your mailing address and I'll pick you some up the next time I'm in NYC (which will be next week). My email address is:
AmandaHallay(at)gmail.com
Oh! And the ragtime I'm listening to is some Andrews Sisters rag ('Greatest Hits', I'm guessing.) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bettybabe

New in Town
Thanks for the link, Ohairas! And thanks so much, Amanda, for all the wonderful hair advice! No need to get me any rats, we have a Sally Beauty Supply store here in Tennessee! Thanks so much for the offer, though! Once I get them, I'm going to practice, practice, practice! I'll be posting pics toon! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot