Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me accessorize this Outfit!

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
I´d wear them with black dresses and nude tone thighs/stockings I think. Maybe a pair of golden earrings or a golden ring and that´d be it. The shoes don´t need much accessorizing.
May I ask where you got them?

Drappa

One Too Many
Oh hello Lottie, haven' seen you around here for ages! Beautiful shoes, and I would wear them with jewel tones and gold jewellery, but I quite like wearing colours together. I'm thinking of emerald green, dark purple or burgundy, teal, mustard or saffron, navy etc. Maybe colour-blocking.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Oh hello Lottie, haven' seen you around here for ages! Beautiful shoes, and I would wear them with jewel tones and gold jewellery, but I quite like wearing colours together. I'm thinking of emerald green, dark purple or burgundy, teal, mustard or saffron, navy etc. Maybe colour-blocking.

I can actually imagine them with one of those lovely Italian print fabrics with bits of all those colours in. Wonderful shoes!

KittyAnneMalloo

Familiar Face
Hi Ladies,
Im hoping for some help with an outfit. I will be attending a dinner and show in 2 weeks and plan to wear this dress (pics are from seller as my camera isn't working)
P2970166.jpg

I am going to team it with this hat
il_570xN.221443911.jpg

The hat matches perfectly.
My question is should I wear natural coloured seamed stockings and matching teal t-bar heels or go with black seamed stockings and black heels? Would the teal shoes make the whole outfit to 'matchy matchy' if you know what I mean?

Drappa

One Too Many
I think matchy-matchy is so vintage, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think some contrast might be good, and I'd do nude stockings in any case with either white belt and shoes, or black belt and shoes. Maybe even lemon, bit I realise most people probably don't have lemon shoes :)

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Well, Matchy-matchy is my specialty lol, so I suppose I'm a bit biased... but I think the teal t-bars sound adorable and I'd go for it! Drappa's idea for white or lemon shoes also sounds divine.

Tuesday_Next

Familiar Face
I would wear the natural stockings and t-bar heels in a color that coordinates as it would feel like a fresh, summery day outfit. Matchy-matchy is quite true to the vintage look but you could also wear the vintage stockings with black shoes too.

If you plan on wearing it for an evening event, then the dark stockings and shoes would be more dramatic.

I guess its all a matter of what look you want. No matter what you choose, it will look fabulous. The dress and hat are perfect!

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I bought this amazing jacket last year, but I have NOTHING to put with it. The amount of colour and detail makes all my dresses look OTT. Help meeee!

utf-8BSU1HMDA4NzQtMjAxMTA1MjItMTUxMC5qcGc.jpg

Isn't that lovely! Did you happen to mention that you were learning to sew? I forget. What about sewing a simple pink (or blue or green or white... you get the idea) day dress for under it, or pairing it with a plain colored skirt and a simple white top?

Last edited:

Tuesday_Next

Familiar Face
I would pair that wonderful jacket with a solid colored skirt and blouse myself so that the jacket is the star. Black wide-leg trousers and a blouse would also be fabulous, don't you think?

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Lovely Annie! I would pick out one colour from the jacket and wear that underneath. Perhaps a plain blue or pink dress? The green is also super. Perhaps a coloured blouse and white skirt or vice versa?

Having said that, I am always mixing prints and would probably wear something floral underneath... But this is why you're the stylish one ;)

D

Deleted member 12480

Its whiteish, probably was white once, and yes it's embroidered and looks to be handmade

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lovely Annie! I would pick out one colour from the jacket and wear that underneath. Perhaps a coloured blouse and white skirt or vice versa?
I agree with Kate. Solid white underneath works, but is playing it safe. I'd go for a pink pencil skirt and a white blouse, and then wear a giant brooch that picked up the floral + color theme of the jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner