Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me accessorize this Outfit!

baby_butterfly

One of the Regulars
Ok gals I really need your help. I recently bought this dress:
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/34865895
to wear for my birthday....but I have no idea what to wear with it! Orignally I wanted one of those black veiled hats/fasinators, some textured black tights and black oxfords with abit of a heel but I have a feeling I hsall just look daft :(

Please Help!! I want keep a quite gothic, dark feeling to it though.

Ohh and drappa: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140456430634&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Miss Sis

One Too Many
My first thought on seeing that is - wear pearls! I think they would compliment it beautifully and be a lovely contrast to your dark hair, as well as looking really 1950s.

I'd try to go for a beaded off white bag and shoes with a peep toe in same colour.

I'm thinking very Elizabeth Taylor. :)

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Miss Sis said:
My first thought on seeing that is - wear pearls! I think they would compliment it beautifully and be a lovely contrast to your dark hair, as well as looking really 1950s.

I'd try to go for a beaded off white bag and shoes with a peep toe in same colour.

I´d probably go exactly with that. Sounds great.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I think pearls would be great too, although a simple rhinestone necklace would be nice. Nothing to fussy as the dress is a confection in itself. I think both suggestions for the shoes and bag are great, i would probably wear a silver or off white shoe and the same coloured little evening bag. You must post some pics, that dress is beyond adorable!! x

D

Deleted member 12480

i definitely will, although prom is not for ages yet. I'm buying it in november xxx

D

Deleted member 12480

Do any of you have any ideas for the bag - Like a little clutch? Could you show me pictures of styles that would be good - even if they're not the right colour?
xxx

D

Deleted member 12480

Miss Sis said:

il_430xN.144731583.jpg

like this?

xx

D

Deleted member 12480

Paisley said:
Very pretty. Whether it would go with the pale blue dress, I'd have to see them together.

yeah i know what you mean there - its quite cream!

Lottie

Familiar Face
What a pretty dress! I'm not sure about the white shoes, though- they were my first thought too, but I'd be scared of the look being too "Doll-like". I think I'd go for nude or cream shoes or if you're feeling like heading in the candy direction- even pink or grass green.

I know your dilemma- my prom dress was pink/peach with a grey lace overlay- not my go-to colours at all, but it was sooo pretty, vintage 1950s and fit like a glove. I ended up wearing grey shoes with it, but wish I'd taken the plunge and worn red ones. Maybe I'll have the occasion to make up for that one day.. :)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Silver shoes! And a silver bag if you can find one, you will wear the two again and again with many outfits both dark and light.

Of the two handbag, the second one with the bubbly texture says daytime to me. I like the beaded one much more with that dress. It is an evening gown, after all.

D

Deleted member 12480

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner