Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me accessorize this Outfit!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
White peep-toe wedgies for Summer wear or black heels for when it's a bit colder out - Cute dress :)

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Just quickly, this is from the Naturalizer website:

va19235900.jpg

And here's some from Chinese Laundry:

BJEH18LEEWHT_M.jpg

BTOPP2JJDWHT_M.jpg

They come in other colors than white, too, and they're all under $80.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I would pick a 40s style babydoll heel or wedges - in red, white, navy or black. Navy and red look great together!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Or even Rocket Originals? They've just been reduced to £65 and have black, green and white?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Definitely white shoes and a white bag. I have got both (and a white cardigan) and they really make any outfit. Even if the dress has no white you look immediately put together when you have matching accessories like that!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I would agree with the idea of white -- but what I think would really look nice with that particular dress is a pair of white suede oxfords with maybe a 2-inch heel. Add a white suede bag to match, wrist-length gloves, and a white turban-style hat, and you'd have a perfect summer outfit.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I'd go with white or brown shoes - I recently bought some brown t-bar heels and they go with pretty much everything I own xx

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
There are a lot of ways to go with it, and they would all look nice.

My first thoughts were white or red. If you go with red, you really have to be careful that the colors don't clash. I recently discovered this the hard way. :eek: Take the dress shopping with you.
However, the other colors the girls listed (black, brown and navy) would all look nice. Actually, I especially liked KittyT's suggestion of navy. With a matching shoe and bag (or hat, sweater, jewelery) it would look very nice.

As for type of shoe, I think you could go in any direction with this. If you want to wear the dress to the office, I'd go with an oxford or pump. In the summer it would be cute with an peep-toe, or even something a little strappier. I'd say the field is wide open.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Thank you ladies for all your help! I tried the dress out this evening with a black pair of pumps, a black sweater and a black sash (as the dress had loops for a belt) and it looked fantastic.

My first idea was certainly a white pair of shoes and matching accessories but as it is still very winter-like here and I just didn't feel right wearing white shoes. White will definitely be lovely for spring and summer! Thanks Swingtimegal for great white shoe images, I especially love the first pair!

KittyT, thank you for your suggestion of navy, I would have never considered it!

Thanks again to everyone, you ladies are wonderful!

epr25

Practically Family
I wasn't sure where to put this question. I hated to start a new thread for it. So I am tonight hopefully going ot make a "1 hour Dress". I don;t have any t srtap shows so I was wondering what do you ladies think of pairing a pair of low heeled (necessary for the event we are going to) open toed shoes with a 20's day dress and cloche? I can provide photos tonight.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
I received this sweater as a Christmas present from my husband, and I would very much like to make a skirt to go with it to wear out on a date with him. I am having a hard time deciding on the style of skirt...I feel the sweater has a lovely vintage quality to it, but I can't put my finger in just what skirt would complement it best.

rockrose.jpg

Any and all suggestions would be grand!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
MissAmelina said:
I received this sweater as a Christmas present from my husband, and I would very much like to make a skirt to go with it to wear out on a date with him. I am having a hard time deciding on the style of skirt...I feel the sweater has a lovely vintage quality to it, but I can't put my finger in just what skirt would complement it best.

rockrose.jpg

What about a great fitting pencil skirt? Maybe in black. If this wasnt winter I would say white or cream.

Samantha

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
MissAmelina said:

rockrose.jpg

What a stunning sweater and that shade is lovely. I do like like the idea of a black pencil skirt as Retrogirl1941 suggested,perhaps belt the waist to give it a more 50s silhoette. It would work beautifully with a chocolate brown 1940s inspired princess cut skirt or wideleg trousers as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic