Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help needed with Dutch translation

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I recently came by some items that belonged to a RAF flier who was shot down and killed near Waterloo (in Belgium, not the rail station) by a famous LW night-fighter ace. I have traced the RAF man's family and restored the effects to them in the course of which I found an article in a Dutch book that describes the incident.

For my own interest and the benefit of his family I would like to get the book chapter translated into English. Would anyone on the lounge be able and prepared to translate it from the Dutch, please?

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I would like to send you a hard copy if that is OK. I like doing things the old fashioned way and airmail is mush more romantic than email.

Perhaps you would PM me with your address. The relatives of the RAF officer concerned will, I am sure be very greatful to your good lady if she will do this and she will be reimbursed for her time and effort.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind offer. Pascalf and his good lady have done a fine job of translation for no recompense other than that the brave airman gave his life for others.

The airman's relatives are very grateful and are now in a position to visit the memorial of the crash site, which is being arranged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran