Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with finger waves

Louise Anne

Suspended
hi Cherry Berlin

I Reconize your name not sure from where maybe Myspace, I also live in yorkshire ( North) any how you could try You tube.
I just dug this out also
loxosceles
personal blog on finger waves

I agree with swinggal they are hard and that's why there maybe a lot about them on the web who know.
Good luck

Just an edit there is also a very good finger wave wig if you did not work it out
finger-wave-short-by-lacey

I just found this on another forum as some one asking the same questionhow-to-create-fingerwaves

FraeuleinBerlin

One of the Regulars
Hey Swinggal, your hair looks really beautiful! I read your tutorial too, only problem is I don't have anything similar to your water waves and I really really am poor (my university doesn't allow me to work so I live off a very stingy student loan), so beautiful hair I can do with my fingers is very appealing!

Thank you for the link, Paul. I guess you must know me from somewhere as I don't remember saying I live in Yorkshire some of the time... did you ever go to Secrets of the Boudoir Burlesque in Sheffield? Everyone seems to have!

Anyway, that link was very helpful, thank you... but still not much information about setting lotion! Can I get it cheap? Are there different types???

FraeuleinBerlin

One of the Regulars
I fingerwaved my hair for my May Ball, which the help of Boots' own gel and two friends with combs and clips. Unfortunately I haven't got a picture where you can see my hair clearly and I also look nice! Here is a nice picture:

36199_406598316433_656156433_5024801_154665_n.jpg

And a horrible one with smudged make-up where you can see my hair!

36308_10150213156375441_597875440_13123384_1172349_n.jpg

I loved the dress, a real 1930s one and so lovely... it's a shame my eye make-up didn't show up so well on photos, it was right up to my eyebrows but quite a pale creamy brown colour, you can only really see the darker bit in the crease of my lids.

BunnyLamarr

New in Town
Really envious of all your lovely hair! Finger waves are the one style I would love to be able to do but haven't managed so far.

I recently bought these from ebay and I'm hoping they may make a difference to my attempts. Fingers crossed!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370442330514&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have just bookmarked those to buy! Would love to know how they turn out.
Darling hubby bought me a pair of the babyliss triple barrell wave irons for Christmas - I haven't really had chance to use them properly yet as I've had the rotten lurgies, somewhere back on this thread someone else said they had some. Did anyone have any sucess with these, is there a proper technique to using them?

BunnyLamarr

New in Town
Finger-waving is the hardest of all hair styles to acheive I recon. I've been doing my hair in vintage styles for 11 years and have only just mastered the wave thanks to my 'water wavers'. Never had a clue how to use them after 8 years of owning them, then i found an article somewhere that showed me and the results are below - soft, full waves.

31512_394004871575_717536575_4647564_3625710_n.jpg

Oh you look lovely! Your hair is so pretty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot