Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Here's a very interesting pullover leather moto jacket..

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Bought a jacket from him once, came with hole in leather and reeking, returned it too.

Wow! I bought a jacket from this seller about a month ago. It was BIN. I saw the jacket sorta by accident. It is a hard to find label, so I made an offer and got it. The jacket was here is less than a week, which was impressive coming from England. His pictures are fuzzy, but I took a chance. The jacket has some collar issues (wear) which was not mentioned and smelled of mothballs. For this particular jacket I can live with those issues.

I saw the Taubers shirt. It is not from the 30s, but from the early-mid 60s. I have a nice one so I was not interested. They show up from time to time. I just saw another on ebay that is totally trashed and the pictures show that.

His reaction is crazy!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Here is a pic of the collar, it was cracking and peeling and in the grey spots had lost most of its original thickness.
According to him it is not worth mentioning and " its just wear, to be associated with any jacket of this age."

vPv9wC1.jpg

My girlfriend is pretty freaked out so i reported it, i don't expect anything to come from it, but at least if he is a real mentalist there will be a trace...

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Ebay is telling me to report him to the police too... It feels excessive, not a fan of snitching!

Thoughts?

His last words were:

"Lie I said you are going to need a whole lot more than ebay to protect you and I am not going to rest untill you get exactly what you deserve you little c**t"
Thoughts:
Yeah, do your duty, protect the next guy!!
He’ll be someone’s family.
It ain’t snitchin to take out a psycho!!
B

Edward

Bartender
Ebay is telling me to report him to the police too... It feels excessive, not a fan of snitching!

Thoughts?

His last words were:

"Lie I said you are going to need a whole lot more than ebay to protect you and I am not going to rest untill you get exactly what you deserve you little c**t"

If that's the sort of thing he's been saying, then yes, I'd report it. The police vary in how well they deal with these things, but this guy is - having done it on two or more occasions (i.e. messages) in contravention of one or more provisions in the Protection From Harassment Act 1997 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/contents .... And there is caselaw to show that this does apply to online communications of this nature just as threats made in person. Make sure you have the file number / crime number of your report, and drop them a line with each new communication. Of course, don't engage with him at all.

Thoughts?

His last words were:

The dude is in London?

You can go to the police and maybe they will open up a case or file. Not much else most PDs can or would do. It may be smart to put it on record in the unlikely event that something does happen. The risk here, and it is a low risk since I do not think this fool will do anything, is that the police may confront him and actually make the situation worse. But giving the police a heads-up and asking for advice is a good idea.

Much more importantly, watch your six for a couple/few weeks. By then he probably will have focused his insanity on someone else. He will probably disappear after he receives the jacket and perhaps sends one more angry rant lol.

Do not respond to him via any means of comm, it will only lead to more BS by keeping him focused on you. Also, if he sends more communications, what you should look for are specific threats, not general ones like the one he sent ("you will get what you deserve"). If you get something specific, using information not readily found online on social media, etc., that heightens the risk. I think you will be okay man.

Thuggee

Practically Family
Yikes I’ve seen this guys listings before definitely a nut job a seller to avoid for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The dude is in London?

You can go to the police and maybe they will open up a case or file. Not much else most PDs can or would do. It may be smart to put it on record in the unlikely event that something does happen. The risk here, and it is a low risk since I do not think this fool will do anything, is that the police may confront him and actually make the situation worse. But giving the police a heads-up and asking for advice is a good idea.

Much more importantly, watch your six for a couple/few weeks. By then he probably will have focused his insanity on someone else. He will probably disappear after he receives the jacket and perhaps sends one more angry rant lol.

Do not respond to him via any means of comm, it will only lead to more BS by keeping him focused on you. Also, if he sends more communications, what you should look for are specific threats, not general ones like the one he sent ("you will get what you deserve"). If you get something specific, using information not readily found online on social media, etc., that heightens the risk. I think you will be okay man.

I'm not really worried, i am in London, he is in Leeds, and i live on the top floor of a building with controlled entry.
He would have to be a real nutter to spend the money to come down to London just for that.
Especially after threatening me in writing, and knowing that i know his name, address and telephone number...
I have reported it with his local police online, don't expect them to do anything but at least there will be a trace.

Gamma68

One Too Many
With 19 neutral and 6 negative feedback ratings over the past 12 months, why would you want to conduct business with this nut anyway? This seller also posts rude and defensive comments for each neutral or negative review.

It's not like this seller didn't already have a bad track record. I don't just look at a jacket on eBay and take a chance. I also check out the seller's online reputation.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
To me for a jacket of 40-50 years old that kind of neck wear in the photo is to be expected, there looks similar in some of the other photos - But there is no excuse at all for abuse and threats.

As everyone has said you certainly need to report all this. Even if he is just a blow hard he shouldn't be sending out communications like this. As above, can see he'd also left some slight threats in response to other feedback hes had, and clearly HIS CAPS KEY IS STUCK ON ;)

What was eBays response outside of them sugesting you also contact the Police? Did they say they would do anything themselvers?

Will certainly steer clear of him on eBay either way!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
To me for a jacket of 40-50 years old that kind of neck wear in the photo is to be expected, there looks similar in some of the other photos - But there is no excuse at all for abuse and threats.

As everyone has said you certainly need to report all this. Even if he is just a blow hard he shouldn't be sending out communications like this. As above, can see he'd also left some slight threats in response to other feedback hes had, and clearly HIS CAPS KEY IS STUCK ON ;)

What was eBays response outside of them sugesting you also contact the Police? Did they say they would do anything themselvers?

Will certainly steer clear of him on eBay either way!

I guess it is a nomenclature thing. To me "regular wear" is wear that limits itself to the topcoat, (think patina.)
As soon as you start talking about wear that has deeply abraded the leather, or if you have leather cracking and peeling then you are not talking about "regular wear" but about damage.

There are a lot of 40-50 year old jackets that have a great patina and no collar rot, there are also a lot of 40-50 year old jackets that have damaged collars like the one i pictured.

The wear you see on the sleeves etc is IMO regular wear, there was no cracking or pealing, just a worn off top coat.
The collar was not pictured, and it was the only part of the jacket that was peeled and cracked.
I also specifically asked if the collar was clean and free from rot and was told it was, which is clearly a lie.

eBay said they would report it to the service that deals with that. They said they would close his account but i see it is still up. I actually doubt they will do anything... This guy is making them money!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
All true. Either way he says he's happy to do refunds and returns whatever the case so why state that and then be like he has been - Odd.

Motorbass

Familiar Face
Just adding to the Leather Pullover thread. I have never heard of this company: Western Leather Wear, from Seattle - Washington State. Talon Zippers all around. Quite the snug fit...let's me think I have to shed some more pounds.
Anyone heard about this company?
da9d48cfac2dcbcbf31e8cd0841c3296.jpg
b0f63425ca401f42751349e538de2441.jpg
97221c396e7ad1bfd58a49969a1f443b.jpg
ee1be548e7b8f577e7a9f88cf521d32e.jpg
04ae2edbf8d851d01c4643522b797fb6.jpg
cb672af0e00eaadb70ed5b77c6395fcd.jpg
2952d621ccc946f7c61236ce4ccf0c0b.jpg
14b3fc9ef28317c311e6c1abd4dbb666.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Gamma68

One Too Many
Just adding to the Leather Pullover thread. I have never heard of this company: Western Leather Wear, from Seattle - Washington State. Talon Zippers all around. Quite the snug fit...let's me think I have to shed some more pounds.

Link?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

That looks like a Taubers with different label.

Motorbass

Familiar Face
That looks like a Taubers with different label.
Yes, I was also thinking it could be either a Taubers or Langlitz, made for another company. Though this one has only one breast pocket (a la Harley Davidson Sportster Jacket) Langlitz has two. Taubers have only one breast pocket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters