Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heres my Introduction.....

BelowyourBeauty

New in Town
Hello Everyone:

I haven't formerly introduced myself...so heres a little info about me.

I live in Florida with my 8 cats and girlfriend. I love to collect vinyls, shoes, lingerie or anything that is old and beautiful. I have several tattoos and I'll probably get some more. My favorite burlesque dancer is Zorita. I pretty much listen to old time radio all day on my XM radio. My favorite shows are Abbott and Costello along with Sherlock Homes.

I hope to meet some new people in this lovely site who share the same interest. I find this community very resourceful and I'm glad to have found it :)

xoxox
Lola

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Might want to try Holmes spin-off

I'm a great fan of the old radio shows as well.
When the Sherlock Holmes show with Rathbone and Bruce was going off air in 1946 they ended an episode with Watson introducing Gregory Hood.
The next week "The Casebook of Gregory Hood" was on at the same time and same channel. Anthony Boucher, who wrote scripts for the Holmes series created Hood. They took place in modern day (at the time) in San Francisco.
Lots of fun.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

fifi

Familiar Face
Welcome! I too am a fan of XM's old-time radio shows. I especially like the Johnny Dollar and Dragnet series, but I listen to many of them. They're a good distraction in L.A. traffic!

BelowyourBeauty

New in Town
fifi said:
Welcome! I too am a fan of XM's old-time radio shows. I especially like the Johnny Dollar and Dragnet series, but I listen to many of them. They're a good distraction in L.A. traffic!

I love the 40s station... Another program I love is the twilight zone. I work out of my car so I know the feeling of distraction ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot