Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman with detachable fur collar?

wdw

One Too Many
I was down there on Friday and had a good long discussion with Ken, and for us mere buyers it's a case of "The King is dead, long live the King". There's nothing for us to worry about, as Ken certainly knows his onions and is very passionate about his business, just as Will was.

Ken couldn't have been more pleasant during my visit, and promised me a delivery this week of my 3 month old order, which I duly received today, so he's a man of his word.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That's reassuring to know. It has to be said, it's very much a family business in the sense that Will and Ken's children are both involved, so you have to imagine there's always going to be some sort of continuity in place.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
As the only US Aero dealer, I had a good conversation with Ken on Thursday and I think that Aero is on an awesome track! Ken only wants people who are in the know dealing Aero, and, to me, that's definitely a good thing! For us here in the US, the future only holds good things for Aero dealers and buyers!!!

www.insurrectionvintage.com

As the only US Aero dealer, I had a good conversation with Ken on Thursday and I think that Aero is on an awesome track! Ken only wants people who are in the know dealing Aero, and, to me, that's definitely a good thing! For us here in the US, the future only holds good things for Aero dealers and buyers!!!

www.insurrectionvintage.com

Are you attempting to say that Will wasn't 'in the know"....or just advertizing that your company is 'in the know'..??
HD

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Are you attempting to say that Will wasn't 'in the know"....or just advertizing that your company is 'in the know'..??
HD

Will was an incredibly knowledgeable person and always helped us get the best for our customers! Ken is back at the helm and will be doing the same for us. Things will be a little different, but very, very good, as they always have been, with Aero!

I didn't know this, but Ken is a former Rally racer and definitely likes it that folks who work and shop at Insurrection are CRAZY about motorsports!!!

Here's a photo of the Insurrection lead team yesterday at Portland International Raceway...Great day out in the sun, and an awesome day to spend out on track, running the front straight at over 180mph and averaging just under 100mph!

WadeandCarrie1.jpg

Last edited:

mattp

One of the Regulars
Interesting (but not surprising) that this thread has been hijacked into another ad for Insurrection.

Any photos of Highwaymans with detachable collars to contribute Wade?

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Interesting (but not surprising) that this thread has been hijacked into another ad for Insurrection.

Any photos of Highwaymans with detachable collars to contribute Wade?

This is one of the cleanest ways to do it, but you can also use a snap-on collar like we do with our J106s--

Aero51.jpg

mattp

One of the Regulars
Thanks, that's useful. So the buttons are seen onto the jackets collar and the mouton slips over the top and buttons through, is that right? Without the mouton you'd just have 2 buttons at the back which would be hidden except when the collar is standing?

schitzo

Suspended
they might have the American monopoly (do they?), but I think there are a few dotted around. Isn't there one in Germany? And there is definitely a shop in London that sells em

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
John Simons, on Chiltern Street, London stock Aeros along with some other great stuff. Highly recommended if you're in the area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24