Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hiking boots, ergonomics, weight etc

wdw

One Too Many
Hey WDW,
I was out today putting poppy crosses on one of our WWII wrecks. A little snow but the Alta with a summit hoodie and Venezuela Adventure trousers made light work of it. :)
Ha, nice one. Can't go wrong with Paramo in those conditions, which takes us back to Ventile, but we've done that to death on here.

wdw

One Too Many
@Otter, I always found elasticated breeches to be really comfortable, practical and even quick drying, and when wearing gaiters you weren't doubling material. Sadly trousers became de rigueur and the practicality of breeches was lost.

I'm pretty sure I stopped wearing breeches at the end of the 80s, although you occasionally see them in the German alps and the like.

Benproof

A-List Customer
Don't know much about them other than my Sherpa pair. I've used them so badly that the Vibram sole has worn to the point of slipping on wet stones which is pretty dangerous.

I was looking at WTAPS and the Diemme selection. I don't know if they are just fashion things or proper hiking boots. I've not bought another pair in 10 years - they take that long to break in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred