Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

davidraphael

Practically Family
Here is my latest beauty that I'm very pleased with indeed. It's a Peschel homburg that looks like it has hardly been worn, if at all - it's in excellent condition. There are no sweat stains whatsoever on the liner, no marks of any kind on the exterior of the hat itself. The crown is higher than my other homburg, and the liner is stitched rather than glued, so I'm wondering how old it is.

More pics in the German/Austria thread!

35884380.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
42443632.jpg
51571839.jpg
72101968.jpg

davidraphael

Practically Family
Nice!
And mine is slightly too small!
At least you can add some foam padding - I'm currently looking for decent hat stretcher...and they seem to get expensive.

In terms of your hat's age - post in the Austrian/German thread and you should get an answer.

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
It has a nice curl indeed!
Also "in person" is very similar to the brim of the homburg. I don't know the name of the maker, though, as there isn't any name inside (it's quite nicely lined); I have my reasons to suspect it's a product of the milanese Cappelleria Melegari, one of the few brands, in Italy, still producing reasonably priced, and reasonably well made, homburgs&bowlers.
They also sells other brands on their site (Stetson, Borsalino, the usual suspects) but have also their own production.

(a bowler in italian is "bombetta", an homburg is a "lobbia"... or a homburg)

Ciao!

Last edited:

Scotus

One of the Regulars
Here is my latest beauty that I'm very pleased with indeed. It's a Peschel homburg that looks like it has hardly been worn, if at all - it's in excellent condition. There are no sweat stains whatsoever on the liner, no marks of any kind on the exterior of the hat itself. The crown is higher than my other homburg, and the liner is stitched rather than glued, so I'm wondering how old it is.

More pics in the German/Austria thread!

35884380.jpg

This is a wonder Homburg for one that is "used," or otherwise not a new one! Too bad it's too small. As you say, I can stretch it a bit. Great find!

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
This was a birthday gift from the lady in the picture. We were in Katoomba for the weekend, so breakfast at the Hattery Cafe and just a bit of a browse around the hats. Well, before you know it I was wearing an Akubra Homburg.

hmb.jpg

With a willingness to buy me hats for my birthday, it is no wonder I plan on marrying this woman.

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
This was a birthday gift from the lady in the picture. We were in Katoomba for the weekend, so breakfast at the Hattery Cafe and just a bit of a browse around the hats. Well, before you know it I was wearing an Akubra Homburg.

hmb.jpg

With a willingness to buy me hats for my birthday, it is no wonder I plan on marrying this woman.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1930's Pennys Marathon Homburg

This Marathon is really interesting. It has the original basting stitches on the ribbon and a very unique sweatband. I believe Robert posted a hat recently with the same sweatband.

Original auction photos:

1930sMarathonHomburg1.jpg

1930sMarathonHomburg2.jpg

After some steaming and brushing:

DSC06714.jpg

DSC06716.jpg

DSC06718.jpg

DSC06715.jpg

DSC06719.jpg

DSC06720.jpg

DSC06726.jpg

DSC06729.jpg