Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
f5ce03f3.jpg

A diploma that will protect you from the elements. :) The sweatband and felt cleaned up nicely, well done. Love the frayed ribbon bow. Enjoy!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Carlson darkish tan homburg. Thanks Perry!

carlsontanhomburg005.jpg

carlsontanhomburg001.jpg

carlsontanhomburg007.jpg

(don't worry, I"m not leaving this one open crowned. I've already spent a few minutes shaping it. So far I prefer this arrowhead with long dents I creased the front slightly lower than the back for some reason:

016gi.jpg

013byg.jpg

Annixter

Practically Family
^Nice one! All the dents look good. There's a NOS Carlson Homburg on Etsy in gray that I would love to own, but the bloody thing is 21-1/4" and far too small for my melon; I'm waiting for someone of the correct size to snag it for $50.

Annixter

Practically Family
My second Homburg--this one in gray: Resistol Ten. I believe c. 1950 from what I've found on the Resistol thread.

The felt is gorgeous on this one, and the 2 1/2" brim has great curvature. A wind trolly tops it off nicely.

As with my Christy's Homburg, I owe a thanks to Rabbit for his assistance on this one. Apologies for the grainy photos--a combination of an inferior camera, lighting, and maybe the operator.

d5ce37ae.jpg

77afa8b4.jpg

018c00dc.jpg

e137dc2c.jpg

e5b084b0.jpg

a913f4e4.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Lovely Resistol Ten, Annixter. Wonderful liner; don't you love that oilskin liner protector?
I'm glad you won it.

As for the pics, I'm sure you'll get excellent results by just avoiding low-light conditions. Even the simpler camera models work surprisingly well under sufficient lumination in natural light.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Lookin' good!

Sadly, I am unable to go foward in obtaining a Homburg, due to the way my family sees them. they don't like them. Fedoras barely slip by, but a Homburg... that's a different story...

-30-

A-List Customer
My ex also hated my Homburg (First the Homburg, then me!) so much so that I just gave it away, but I did keep and continue

to have the 60's Knox hat box.

(With hindsight, should have kept the hat and given the wife away.)

Regards,
-30-

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
nice!... dated only by the zipper.

I know! Can you believe I actually spent a couple of bucks on a button down cardigan (not a hat for once) this afternoon after I took this photo?

Lookin' good!

Sadly, I am unable to go foward in obtaining a Homburg, due to the way my family sees them. they don't like them. Fedoras barely slip by, but a Homburg... that's a different story...

That's too bad, splintercellz-- I don't know why a curled brim would make that much difference.

My ex also hated my Homburg (First the Homburg, then me!) so much so that I just gave it away, but I did keep and continue

to have the 60's Knox hat box.

(With hindsight, should have kept the hat and given the wife away.)

Regards,
-30-

I've always been a fan of wearing dress hats in a casual, almost sloppy/hobo-like way, and I find that helps abate the intensity of wearing them in this day and age. For the record, my wife hates all of my hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart