Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Part 2

Mayser 1950

mayserhomburg506.jpg

Rheinhut 1963

rheinhut.jpg

rheinhut1.jpg

rheinhut2.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Randall and Steve, thank you very much for the kind words.

This 1950 Mayser was the first I found.The day could have started any better.
Its an antique market in Düsseldorf, once per month.

Scotus

One of the Regulars
I wasn't sure where to ask this question, but since it involves a Homburg, this might be the place. I'm looking at a Biltmore fur felt Homburg because I like the brim (more evenly curled all around; not downturned in the front and back). The following picture is an image of the hat:

sw~biltmore-classic-homburg-choc-B4502

My question is rather simple, if not a little silly. I really don't like pins on my hat band. Is the Biltmore logo pin easily removed?

Last edited:

syzygywon

New in Town
I picked this up at an estate sale and didn't try it on until I got home. (I was after some vintage stereo gear, saw this on the top of a shelf and grabbed it on a whim.) A bit too big for my gourd, it's a 7 1/2. Thanks to the helpful people here, I found out it is a cavanagh homburg and it came in a stetson hat box. It looks like it was hardly worn and is in great shape with no holes or moth bites and very very minimal wear on the sweatband.
DSC03138-1.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC03133-1.jpg

DSC03134-1.jpg

DSC03137-1.jpg

DSC03136-1.jpg

DSC03135-1.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful Cavanagh, but it's not a homburg, just a snap-brim Fedora with a Cavanagh Edge.

Too big for you, you say? I would gladly take it off your hands!

Brad

syzygywon

New in Town
Brad, you a definitely a fountain of knowledge! Please tell me the difference as I would like to become more educated. I was thinking of listing it in ebay as I have no idea what it's worth is, but I'd much rather see someone from this site have it.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm really liking that one, James! Same model and color as brothelcreeper's, I presume? If I ever go for an Akubra, I think that might be my first one. It's a nice modern twist with the slight taper, contrasting ribbon and binding, and an almost "western" brim curl. Classy, with attitude.
Do you have to buy that one locally? Their website only has a black option (which also looks nice).

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I could no longer resist the temptation. I just had to get this grey Homburg from Bates in London:

greyhomburg3.jpg

greyhomburg.jpg

greyhomburg2-2.jpg

greyhomburg2-1.jpg

And here is the case it came in:
batesbag2.jpg

batesbag.jpg

tealseal

A-List Customer
Submission for entry

Hope this passes the customs inspection so that I can enter the Homburg Nation. Just got this one today (cross posted in New Hats thread). I know absolutely nothing about it, except that it's grey, has a Millerhats.com liner, feather was in terrible shape (removed), and a crinkled Stetson sweatband that also says "Imperial Ultimate." Can anyone tell me what "Imperial Ultimate" means? Do I need a new feather? Also, since I've never had a homburg before, is it safe to set it on its brim, or is this a "100% Crown Down" sort of hat? All the best!

img0726l.jpg

img0727iu.jpg

img0728wx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy