Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horrible movies, and the people who get duped into waching them....

Edward

Bartender
Lady Day said:
Fine, Ill say it.

LD

Always seems to be one that people have strong feelings about. I found it quite entertaining, myself. Pulpy, sure, but a bit of a fun romp.

K.D. Lightner said:
The Matrix -- I had heard so much about the movie, expected something profound and .... As I left the theatre with my friend, I quoted Tallulah Bankhead (when she walked into the Algonquin one afternoon), "There's less to this than meets the eye."

There are others, many films I didn't like, but had no expectations. It's the films I expect to be good, and then they aren't, that upset me.

I enjoyed the original; my disappointment was with the wholly unnecessary sequels.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I use to have a boyfriend whose favorite movie was Troll 2. So of course I had to watch it. Its one of the worst movies I've seen. I'm amazed that there is a large group of fans out there.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
talesfromthequadeadzonevhsfront2.jpg

talesfromthequadeadzonevhsback2.jpg

Tales From The Quadead Zone

I figured that filmmaker Chester W. Turner would have improved after his first awful flick, Black Devil Doll From Hell. I was dead wrong.

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
talesfromthequadeadzonevhsfront2.jpg

talesfromthequadeadzonevhsback2.jpg

Tales From The Quadead Zone

I figured that filmmaker Chester W. Turner would have improved after his first awful flick, Black Devil Doll From Hell. I was dead wrong.

That movie gives me a Blaxploitation vibe. Not all the blaxploitation films were crap, but this one looks like it probably would be garbage.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Macheath said:
I was also terribly disappointed by the original Ocean's Eleven. I love the Rat Pack, and it looks like they had fun making the film, but I was bored to tears watching it.

you too?? i couldn't even finish it...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
forget 12 and 13...except for the 'Lost In Translation' scene in 12, they were both garbage...11 was a pretty good remake...

Retrobeme

New in Town
For me (and several of my friends), the movie would have to be "Sling Blade." I remember when it came out in the theatres so many people were talking how great it was. I had missed it during its run so several friends and I decided to rented it after the film was brought up at a party. Fortuantely for me and my friend Tonya, we had to go to a rehearsal but our other friend Carl watched it to the end, in the hopes of finding some positive resolve for us wasting an afternoon. Carl, what a trooper.

Maguire

Practically Family
anything... i repeat ANYTHING by Woody Allen. But then again i didn't go in with high expectations, i was forced to watch them for classes. But by God that was torture... If someone wanted to make me squeal about some kind of secret it would probably only take forcing me to watch one or two of his movies and i'd be singing like a canary.

I really didn't like 300 and Max payne was awful.

but i have to draw a line- there are bad movies that rule like Death Race, not because of the quality but because they are hilarious and entertaining. Then there is Max Payne, the new Friday the 13th movie, etc. These simply leave me feeling empty, with nothing to comment on whatsoever.

Maguire

Practically Family
JennyLou said:
I use to have a boyfriend whose favorite movie was Troll 2. So of course I had to watch it. Its one of the worst movies I've seen. I'm amazed that there is a large group of fans out there.
THEY'RE EATING HER.. AND THEN THEY'RE GOING TO EAT ME... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD :D

JennyLou

Practically Family
Maguire said:
THEY'RE EATING HER.. AND THEN THEY'RE GOING TO EAT ME... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD :D
Ha, when I first watched it I thought it was a comedy. It thought it was bad on purpose.

blacklagoon

One of the Regulars
A film i refuse to watch,after seeing a few clips,is The Wicker Man remake with Nicholas Cafe.
A film i am looking forward to seeing,is the remake of The Wolfman.It looks really good so far,from what pictures and drawing i have seen,very true to the look and physical ability of the original Lon Chaney JR Wolfman Movie.
A film i am curious about,and have a negative feeling about,is this apparent remake of the dambusters.The original movie used pretty cheap sets and props,and viewers could see them rattling away,pretty much like a real Lancaster Bomber when it was flying.I have a sneaky suspicion,that any remake will gloss over all the rattling cronky metal that shook and vibrated in a real Lancaster Bomber,and portray everything as being solid,firm,dependable and reliable.The only sounds coming from inside the Lancaster,will probably be of the supremely perfected engines,sounding consistently powerful.

Maguire

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
From Beyond

Freddie Got Fingered

Blackula
I own the latter two on DVD. Freddy got fingered is a prime example of bad movies that are so bad they rule, i have virtually the entire movie committed to memory. Blackula was pretty good too. Is from beyond the Lucio Fulci film?

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Maguire said:
anything... i repeat ANYTHING by Woody Allen. But then again i didn't go in with high expectations, i was forced to watch them for classes. But by God that was torture... If someone wanted to make me squeal about some kind of secret it would probably only take forcing me to watch one or two of his movies and i'd be singing like a canary.

lol hahahahah O man, thats classic. I also think Woody Allen and his movies are overrated. Woody has always reminded me of the Jerky Boys's Sol Rosenberg and vise versa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails