Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did you find the lounge?

Torpedo

One Too Many
I found this either from "Ask Andy" or (most probably) "Style Forum", not that I am much keen to those. I was looking for information on hats, and I found a thread in one of those forums were someone mentioned this was the best place.

And it REALLY is!

Shirin

A-List Customer
Mmmm, If I can recall correctly I think I was looking for information on vintage hairstyles. I'm soooo happy I joined FL, there's so many nice folks here.

HI djhatman! Which part of SLC are you in? I was raised there and I get so home sick sometimes.

roperdad

New in Town
Looking for info/pictures of Aero FQHH jackets. Lurked for a long time and finally joined.

I find humor in that I don't wear a Fedora, but a custom-made 100% beaver "cowboy hat". Still, the Fedora Lounge delivers some great info!

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
I was looking up something about vintage clothing on google. Either fifties clothing or maybe vintage hairstyles (a little hard to remember what it exactly was). Took me a good long time to track down an e-mail address, though. I had to call my internet provider and they had to reinstate it because we hadn't used it in so long, or something.

Well worth the effort. :)

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
That damn white rabbit stole my watch and chain, and I chased him down his hole into the Fedora Lounge.

NOW GIVE IT BACK!

...No.

I too found out about this forum from the Fountain Pen Network. At first I didn't see why I should join --- it looked to be more about CLOTHES than anything else. But after a bit of snaking around, I decided it might be nice to sign up and post here and there. So...I did.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
It's been so long, I can't remember...

Oh, yeah!

I was searching for vintage hair help on Google :) It took me 6 months before I could actually join, because of an issue with my Bell internet whereby I could not get an ISP email. So I switched, and I'm here.

Wheee!

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
C-dot said:

Oh, yeah!

I was searching for vintage hair help on Google :) It took me 6 months before I could actually join, because of an issue with my Bell internet whereby I could not get an ISP email. So I switched, and I'm here.

Wheee!

6 MONTHS? wow. I don't feel so bad now. I waited just 5 days. haha.

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
C-dot said:

Oh, yeah!

Wheee!

I waited a long time too, but I think it was only three months. I'm glad I'm not alone!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The day this gun got hired...

"The Fedora Lounge was the kind of town where they spell trouble T-R-U-B-I-L, and if you try to correct them, then they kill you. I liked that"

"I was a floater with not much more than a suitcase full of nothing between me and the gutters...So when a man in a hat from Washington called and made me an offer to come onto the board, well all my horses had come in at once! The stakes were high in neon letters, and it made me feel the way when the cards are falling right for you, with a nice little pile of blue and yellow chips in the middle of the table - I knew this was getting interesting...

When I walked in for the Bartender's interview, she looked like a very special kind of dynamite, neatly wrapped in nylon and silk. Only I wasn’t having any. I’d been too close to an explosion already and my skin still burned. I was powder shy.

But common sense went out the window like a snake down the fire escape stinking of another fella's dame. Common sense is the guy who tells you ought to have had your brakes relined last week before you smashed a front end this week.

Still, I was living in a sewer and being offered a swamp, I was going up in the world!

She said to me, "Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid... He is the hero, he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor, by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world. Are you this man Paddy...?"

Then she gave me a smile I could feel in my hip pocket.

How could I say no..? She was a blonde. A blonde to make a bishop kick a hole in a stained-glass window and I was being called to the alter..."

I did wonder if I was biting off more than I could chew, and asked myself, "You think you’ll get a fair shake from this Lounge crowd?" I guess, "When cows give beer you will."

She then offered me the job through the fog of a Cuban cigar and from 30 feet away she sure looked like a lot of class, but, from 10 feet away I soon discovered she looked like something made up to be seen from 30feet away.

Still, Bartendering the Lounge isn't a bad job, and , "As they say, life begins with 50 G’s..!"
WHIPPET009.jpg

C

csmiller

Yes Paddy, that was pretty good. Especially enjoyed the last line....

"She then offered me the job through the fog of a Cuban cigar and from 30 feet away she sure looked like a lot of class, but, from 10 feet away I soon discovered she looked like something made up to be seen from 30 feet away."

My post will, unfortunately, not be quite so eloquent. I was starting to collect WW2 uniforms and was looking for information of Officer's shoes. My search led me straight here. Then I was looking for information on Officer's Caps - ended up here again. Figured that this was the place to be as it cut down on my time spent looking at all those "loser" links on Google (you know - the ones that end up having nothing to do with what you were searching for but had the unfortunate fate of having all the words you were searching for but in the wrong order ...). :rage:

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24