Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

Bonked

New in Town
I found this pic today looking for airplane photos and saw Walter Beech in his hat in front of the staggerwing he designed. StaggerwingWithFedora_zps7af60088.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
A ton of westerns at DFW airport today - Joao would have been in hat heaven.

I assume there must be a rodeo event or something similar in the area. I always see a lot of guys in western hats here, but not this many.

My Adventurebilt was the only fedora style to be seen.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Spotted a nice felt gray fedora on the head of a deaprting patient
from the Westwood VA ER where
I volunteer on Mondays. Told him it was a great hat.
This past Friday night I witnessed several and an Open Road on
the heads of blues musicians workin' a set at Viva Cantina, Burbank.
Daily I see stingy brim hipster hats all over town. Do they count?

Fedoras are not particularly uncommon to see downtown in the city where I live, but yesterday I was having lunch and a young guy dashed past the window with 'the look'. He was wearing a suit and had what looked like an old fashioned press pass or something tucked into the ribbon of his hat. Totally looked straight out of the 40s or 50s. Cool.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Went to a German Christmas market in downtown Chicago tonight and there were a surprisingly large amount of men both young and old wearing fedoras. I don't mean Trilbies, but actual fedoras. Well colored me impressed.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Was at the mall on Saturday (I had no choice, ugh!). The weather was cold and rainy so there were actually several nice Fedoras to be seen.

leo

One of the Regulars
Winter in the Great Lakes region does bring out the hats ;-) Mostly stuff like watch caps, mad bomber hats, Stormy Kromers and such, but fedoras are not uncommon.

A few nights ago I wore a Dobbs Temptation to the Columbus Zoo for a "Wildlights" holiday event that was so crowded you shuffled rather than walked. I saw thousands of hats and caps including a few decent fedoras. Of course, Jack Hanna was there wearing his signature leather outback thingie ;-)

Saw a bowler on a gent's head today! First time ever to spy such a thing in these parts. And he was in the front yard of a house only a few blocks from me. Wonder if he lives there?

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I must have seen a dozen newsboy caps, 3-5 fedoras, a top hat, and 30 western styled hats. I was in Western Wear and Tack Shop. It seemed everywhere I looked someone had a hat on. It was nice.

Knotten

Practically Family
When I got off my commuter train last night there were two other guys wearing fedoras right in front of me. That made a parade of three (including myself) walking down the platform. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Made me smile.

Time for the sightings from south of Boston. Great day for fine fedoras around my town. Three very sweet lids, plus mine equals four. All within an hour!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I got off my commuter train last night there were two other guys wearing fedoras right in front of me. That made a parade of three (including myself) walking down the platform. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Made me smile.

Time for the sightings from south of Boston. Great day for fine fedoras around my town. Three very sweet lids, plus mine equals four. All within an hour!

Good things happening guys!

Knotten

Practically Family
Good things happening guys!

Absolutely! I was wondering whether all the hats I've seen lately would disappear with nice weather. But this afternoon, with clear skies and temps in the 70s, I spotted three fedoras, other than mine, on the train platform. Then when I got onboard, I sat behind another gentleman in a brown fedora who got on earlier. That's five of us. I think that qualifies as a movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Knotten that's awesome to read! I'm keeping my felts on this summer until I can't bear it any longer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran