Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

I was at a fall craft festival earlier this month where I saw about a dozen nice fedoras among the crowd (including my own head of course)! I think the fedora is starting to make a comeback! :D

That's SIGNIFICANT, YY. Without being overly revealing, in what part of the US did that happen?

GregNYC

One Too Many
Yesterday, six good, non-Walmart ones. Plus a cool derby. All in NYC's East Village and Grand Central Station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frussell

One Too Many
Other than the ones in my closet, none today. I took my little boy to ride Thomas the Train last weekend, and even though it was still in the 80s and very sunny, I was the only guy out of several hundred wearing a fedora, my VS in dove. Well, I guess Thomas' boss, Sir Topham Hatt was wearing a topper, but it wasn't removable from the character suit, and I'm pretty sure there was a 5 foot tall teenage girl inside the costume. SoCal is a dress hat desert sometimes. Frank.

There is a grocery store in the neighborhood I used to live where, if I walked in wearing a fedora, it would be the only one in the place, but if I stopped by on the way home from work in dirty clothes and ball cap, without fail I would see someone else wearing one.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Yeah, Roger, the derby was being worn by a young father pushing a baby stroller down the street right across from Pork Pie Hatters. He was wearing a white vintage shirt with that half-collar, plus jeans and suspenders. There was a coffee shop on the corner, so he stopped there, talking to someone he saw there. He was WEARING that derby, if you know what I mean. Totally natural and nonchalant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
Literally hundreds, as on the way to a meeting I popped into Bates hat shop on Jermyn Street, London.

I did see six fedoras and trilbies at various points in my journey. One particularly nice black fur felt fedora at Waterloo on the Waterloo and City platform. All in all not a bad hat day!

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Just a few.

kinus-selfie.jpg

(No, I didn't take the picture. :))

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today in the second cold day of the week I saw from morning to early evening six fedoras and four caps. No counting the baseball cap. I was not so much walking but the Veronese people took up the hats from the shelves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran