Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

DHL is amazing. My jacket arrived from Pakistan to Franklin Park (10 miles from my home in 3 days). It’s taking them 4 days to cover the last 10 miles.

Same here. 3 days to reach Croatia, two weeks to reach me. Depot is literally 3 miles away from my apartment.

newman-seinfeld.gif

Impressive. Need more pics. Shawn really hit the ball outta the park on this one. Just WOW!
He really did. I all but gave up on 5 Star. And they still have limitations for sure but this one really did get dialed in. Could be dumb luck but the jacket is a marvelous recreation of this odd ball pattern! Undoubtedly my best 5 to date. The last two show there’s learning happening.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Viking752

Practically Family
I took a chance on a Schott G-1 flight jacket recently and it arrived this week. it is gut wrenching to have a beautiful jacket fit in every other area except the length in the body. The leather is perfect, the design, detail , that brown is exactly what I was looking for but I need a stretcher to gain 2” in the length. I know flight jackets are designed to be worn on the shorter side but this one gives me “fat guy in a little coat” vibes. There will be no fit pics but I will share a few…..

IMG_0193.jpeg
IMG_0199.jpeg
IMG_0192.jpeg

Sorry to read this. I’m in a similar boat with my blue Cafe Racer- 2in needed in the body width to be able to close it- the rest is fine.

Viking752

Practically Family
Sorry to read this. I’m in a similar boat with my blue Cafe Racer- 2in needed in the body width to be able to close it- the rest is fine.
thanks, frustrating for sure. But since I buy almost exclusively pre-owned jackets from many size eras it comes with the territory I suppose. Almost always I can move them along and recoup most of my money back. Anyways, I negotiated another A-2 with more favorable measurements and should be here soon.

mvilla

A-List Customer
So, this one just arrived

20230624_140159.jpg

I found the label funny on the listing. Another thing that got my attention is that I had a very similar model to this one before, and the lining was golden. Anyway, everything else checked out, and the jacket is nice looking, so I took it.

Now that it arrived, at closer inspection, I found out some cool bits. This one is actually a sample, that's why the label is different!

20230624_140241.jpg

Still has hand written info on the back of the tag on the neck

20230624_140227.jpg

And the sleeve is lined with a rayon golden fabric, so red on the body and golden on the sleeves, at the best Lewis Leathers style.

20230624_140803.jpg

Best part is that this one actually fits me, so I'll be keeping it :)

Edit: BTW, this one doesn't have hand warmers...

Last edited:

Jasonissm

Practically Family
So, this one just arrived

View attachment 527774

I found the label funny on the listing. Another thing that got my attention is that I had a very similar model to this one before, and the lining was golden. Anyway, everything else checked out, and the jacket is nice looking, so I took it.

Now that it arrived, at closer inspection, I found out some cool bits. This one is actually a sample, that's why the label is different!

View attachment 527776

Still has hand written info on the back of the tag on the neck

View attachment 527777

And the sleeve is lined with a rayon golden fabric, so red on the body and golden on the sleeves, at the best Lewis Leathers style.

View attachment 527778

Best part is that this one actually fits me, so I'll be keeping it :)

Edit: BTW, this one doesn't have hand warmers...
Good, hand warmers interrupt the aesthetic of Type 3 style jackets I reckon. Looks sweet dude!

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Taken a chance on this for a reasonable price on ebay, will be moving it on in the classifieds if its a bit small, which it quite possibly could well be. Will post my own pics and/or a For Sale thread when it arrives later this week. Does anyone have any idea what model number it is - the listing just described it as a 'Lightning', but of course it has the
padded shoulders etc? edit - a bit of research has revealed that this is a LL 'Nevada' which it seems was a variation on the Lightning made in the 70s/early 80s

Screenshot 2023-06-26 095528.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-26 095554.jpg

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Taken a chance on this for a reasonable price on ebay, will be moving it on in the classifieds if its a bit small, which it quite possibly could well be. Will post my own pics and/or a For Sale thread when it arrives later this week. Does anyone have any idea what model number it is - the listing just described it as a 'Lightning', but of course it has the
padded shoulders etc? edit - a bit of research has revealed that this is a LL 'Nevada' which it seems was a variation on the Lightning made in the 70s/early 80s

View attachment 528187 View attachment 528186

Wow, nice find! Never heard of that one before. A bit like a "Star Lightning" on steroids. The multi-panel back is a bit of a turn-off, but the rest is just superb!

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Wow, nice find! Never heard of that one before. A bit like a "Star Lightning" on steroids. The multi-panel back is a bit of a turn-off, but the rest is just superb!
Yes Im interested to see whats what when it turns up. Funnily enough, usually I would immediately steer clear of a multi panel back, but this one I think has a nice design and looks pretty cool

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
Figured I would check out a Walter Dyer, to see how these jackets are. I don't have it yet. Might be a catch and release, IDK...spotty info about it. I just took a chance that it might be cool. Not sure if the patch/applique on the back would come off easily or not but....will see.
1_WD46.jpg
2_WD46.jpg
3_WD46.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy