Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Woodyear

Familiar Face
It is a lovely day today. Bright and blue.

unnamed.jpg

Is that Tons bates?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Would love to see some pics of that Highwayman!

Here you are:

It's a monster of a jacket. 9.5 lbs of leather in a size 38, 4.5 oz steerhide, I am pretty sure it's close to 2mm thick at some parts. Even though @mendelboaz has owned this for years, it can still stand for itself and I suspect it will take three lifetimes to break it in. I am more than up for the task though. In short: I love it. Mendel was great to deal with btw, buy his jackets, you won't regret it.

Oh man that's sweet JJ. Perfect fit and a tank buster of a jacket! That brown has me really excited about what's coming down the pipe. That's just superb man. Congrats!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! Looking forward to see what greatness Aero is cooking up for you! Upon receiving this today I decided to postpone my plans for the Langlitz and or LW. The second I put this one on, I knew this jacket needs time, time which is already sparse with all the great jackets I own and want to wear in equal shares. So, no more jackets for me for a year or two. Will be hard to resist at times but I recently picked up my interest in vtg dress watches again, so I'll just feed the demons with another substance for a while.. :D

Lol I thought these are Mendelboaz photos for a moment! Had to scroll back up to see what's going on and yeah, this explains it. The jacket really formed over him. Or it fits you just as well but the moment I saw the photos, I thought cool, Mendel posted more photos of the cool HWM.
Congrats, man, in any case! This is a very special jacket.

Here you are:

It's a monster of a jacket. 9.5 lbs of leather in a size 38, 4.5 oz steerhide, I am pretty sure it's close to 2mm thick at some parts. Even though @mendelboaz has owned this for years, it can still stand for itself and I suspect it will take three lifetimes to break it in. I am more than up for the task though. In short: I love it. Mendel was great to deal with btw, buy his jackets, you won't regret it.

Lora joy

New in Town
It's a Columbia but it's got shoulder pads and the watch & chest pocket.

It's not quite a padded pocket Columbia cause I dropped the elbow pads and arm pockets.

Now then, what have I ordered and what do I want?
Well I guess I only buy a new one every 4 years or so and as last year I bought my Thunderbay I guess I have another 3 years to go. Well maybe not quite.
As to potential jackets, we will have to see what comes up that takes my fancy bridal dresses.
Desperately trying to loose a couple of stone for my summer hols now and then I may get back into my Lucky 7 Seven, which if I achieve will mean I can wear a bigger range I come across

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Okay. I did it again. I bought another jacket. I need help. Someone. Please.

Stumbled across a Cal Leather jacket, not one of these old vtg ones, but one of more recent creation, you know, the ones they sell at 1500 USD, these 10 lbs heavy beasts.. and well, the seller clearly had no idea what he was selling and at the price I couldn't resist, even though I fear it may be too small. I may in fact have just scored another jacket for my younger brother, but oh well, christmas is coming up and I never know what to give to my siblings anyway... :D

Stumbled across a Cal Leather jacket, not one of these old vtg ones, but one of more recent creation, you know, the ones they sell at 1500 USD, these 10 lbs heavy beasts.. and well, the seller clearly had no idea what he was selling and at the price I couldn't resist, even though I fear it may be too small. I may in fact have just scored another jacket for my younger brother, but oh well, christmas is coming up and I never know what to give to my siblings anyway... :D

Which one???

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

I don't see the problem, apart from if it's too small... Nice score!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn..C-3 Vest in the pipeline..ELC 'Pop-Up' shop in Shoreditch next month..question is..the ELMC or USAF version????? I need help!!! :)

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Just bought an Eastman A2 in goat hide by mistake. It was at 270 GBP with 0 bids so I bid like 275 GBP on it and noone else bid and I got it. Hit me a bit by surprise but oh well, didn't have any A2 yet.. :D

edit: seller now claims shipping from UK to Germany is 85 GBP.. feels like he's trying to bail out of this one. We'll see.

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Looking forward very much to receiving my first Eastman - a Star Sportswear A2 - from fellow member nick123! She's a beaut...hopefully it'll be a good fit too, fingers crossed. If not, there will soon be another beautiful A2 up for sale, and I'll be crying in a corner somewhere lamenting that the search for the perfect jacket will never end...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner