Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

jeo

One Too Many
What an evening! Friends and family over for a small Holiday party. Exchanged a few gifts and much Joy.

I made a late search of ebay thinking I would find nothing of interest so close to the Holidays. Was I wrong! I downloaded 2 jackets back to back. I was most tempted by one, but went back to searching and then there was this.

Just a teaser, not a "D" pocket, but it is at least a size 44.

I went back for the other, but I'm about out of money, so.

View attachment 573345
Saw this one. Would have been tempted if it was my size despite all its issues. Hoping to see more of it when it comes!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Saw this one. Would have been tempted if it was my size despite all its issues. Hoping to see more of it when it comes!
Yes, I noticed it had been seen before I bought it. Not sure why people passed at the larger size and relative cost. I've got a couple of others that need the sleeve stitching re-done. Needed to get my hand on a Trojan. This one has a nice clean original lining.

Did you see the "other" one? After buying it I realized they came from the same seller. It was more of a gamble, as to condition, but just too interesting to pass. I would have kicked myself. I'm certain it would have been bought this morning. Not sure the maker. You may recognize it.

Reactions: jeo

Manolito

Familiar Face
641XX.jpeg

641xx steerhide second hand on the way for a resonable 300 €... :) It will join my black 38 141, black 38 641HH and brown small 654 in the cafe racer category...

jeo

One Too Many
Not sure why people passed at the larger size and relative cost.
You jumped on it relatively quickly.

Did you see the "other" one? After buying it I realized they came from the same seller. It was more of a gamble, as to condition, but just too interesting to pass. I would have kicked myself. I'm certain it would have been bought this morning. Not sure the maker. You may recognize it.
Yes, it was a California Sportswear jacket. My size but asking too much for the condition. Very interesting jacket.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Hey folks! I recently got a Vanson model B size 34 in Z150 leather. Love how it fits apart from the 63cm length. Not s big fan of nickel hardware either. Thicker leather would be nice too.
Found this recently:
https://zenmarket.jp/mercariproduct.aspx?itemCode=m51304819951
it was 23000yen or 150eu. Seems like seller made a mistake when changing the price and added one extra 0 at the end. Thinking of grabbing this one when he fixes it to 22000 or ~140eu.
Shorter body, brass hardware, epic double zipper, lovely looking leather..
With shipping and import taxes it should end up at 250-300eu I think.
Do you guys see any red flags about the jacket or going through zenmarket? Seems like a nice deal if not?
Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Hey folks! I recently got a Vanson model B size 34 in Z150 leather. Love how it fits apart from the 63cm length. Not s big fan of nickel hardware either. Thicker leather would be nice too.
Found this recently:
https://zenmarket.jp/mercariproduct.aspx?itemCode=m51304819951
it was 23000yen or 150eu. Seems like seller made a mistake when changing the price and added one extra 0 at the end. Thinking of grabbing this one when he fixes it to 22000 or ~140eu.
Shorter body, brass hardware, epic double zipper, lovely looking leather..
With shipping and import taxes it should end up at 250-300eu I think.
Do you guys see any red flags about the jacket or going through zenmarket? Seems like a nice deal if not?
Cheers and Merry Christmas!
23000 JPY or 150 EU would be an awesome deal. I see you found how to ask for different prices on Mercari.
The original owner upgraded the main zip to doubled ended Waldes, looks like a good job. This one has the older thinner quilt liner but it will still take the streamlined snap in liner.
I’ve never had a Z leather, but X150 is as good as it gets, very similar to CXL with the thickness and the wax finish. And I prefer the B fit over A and others, it has the widened oval neck hole (more comfortable) than the smaller round one on other models.
Zenmarket is alright, I’ve used them before but their discount comes after the shipment where as the other two proxies is up front. But your deal is good enough it won’t matter much. All the proxies shipping rates are about the same really, depending on high/low season rates.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Thankfully the seller took it back. 22.5” p2p actually measured out to about 25”.
One thing I do not understand is why jacket makers do not add more color options to their x zips. Like the pegasus in wine color. Schott makes something in similar color for an arm and a leg. However, I must give credit to Schott in the other hand by making a real nice suede jackets in varies tones at a down to eath price. In the old day, two tone jackets were available. Most notably to me were those Leathertogs and Trojans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24