Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

Tabitha

New in Town
I am "39" for the sixth time ;)
I remember when a candy bar was a nickel. And Cracker Jacks had a toy you could play with! A phone call was a dime and so was an ice cold Coke in a glass bottle. I remember going to Harvy's Dime Store with 12 cents and getting a BAG of candy. If I remember right, gas was 29 cents a gallon.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Tabitha said:
I am "39" for the sixth time ;)
I remember when a candy bar was a nickel. And Cracker Jacks had a toy you could play with! A phone call was a dime and so was an ice cold Coke in a glass bottle. I remember going to Harvy's Dime Store with 12 cents and getting a BAG of candy. If I remember right, gas was 29 cents a gallon.

Wait, I'm 22 and I remember Cracker Jack toys. OR were these "older" Cracker Jack toys more dynamic?

Foofoogal

Banned
Now I have to go buy a box. I didn't know they no longer have toys in them. I shall be horrified if this is true.
I made up a quote about this.
Grandchildren are like the prize in the bottom of a box of cracker jacks. Takes awhile and you have to wade thru alot of stuff to get to them but oh so worth it. ;)

Estevan

One of the Regulars
nobodyspecial said:
I'm now old enough where I have to do the math as I can't remember my age.

Ha ha...I thought I was the only one who did that.....Yup, 42. Never thought I'd live so long, actually I should have been dead years ago. As I reflect I realize Ahhhhh :eek: I'm half dead. Time to buy that Harley I've been dreaming of, you only live once. Make the best of it.;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
We were sitting around the pool about a month ago when Brian's wife announced that he was turning 39. I told him that I was almost 20 years older and he nearly fell over. He thought I was in my mid-40's. That's what having stayed single for nearly 40 years will do for you. Or maybe a divorce nearly 19 years later made all the difference. Anyway, I gave Brian a Schwinn Cruiser for his birthday. :rolleyes:

Packin' Heat

One of the Regulars
Age?

Taking a gander around the lounge, I'm feeling kinda like a baby, being twenty-one and seeing so many fellas and dames easily twice that. So looking at this I have to ask: how many of you are interested in the Golden Era because you grew up then? And for those of you who didn't grow up then, at what point in your life did you start taking a fascination to vintage culture and style? What was the catalyst, exactly?

Personally I've been dressing in vintage style suits and hats since my adolescence because my parents listened to 40's-50's music a lot, and I just found it rather cool. But I didn't become as interested as I am now until a couple of years back when I saw Double Indemnity and became obsessed with film noir and the Golden Era concept of cool.

Pompidou

One Too Many
I'm 31 till December 20, and I came here 100% for hats. I stayed because people here challenge my opinions on things when I post in the Observation Room and such. I already know what my friends and I think of the things I think of, but it's good to know what respectable people think as well. Some side agendas include encouraging people to not let what others think stop them from being different, and sticking up for unrepresented underdogs.

EDIT: PS: The dialogue in Double Indemnity is ingenious with double entendres. I loved it.

Last edited:

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, P.H., there are plenty of members here older than you -- but not too many, I imagine, who "grew up" in the Golden Era. That would place them around 90 years old, give or take.

I'm 45 and I've just always liked the look of fedoras, femme fetales, peak lapels, spectator shoes,... the list goes on and on. At six years old, I wanted a trench coat and a briefcase. My mom thought I was nuts. I'm an artist and the lines of the '30s through early '50s just really appeal to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner