Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I'm 5'6". I wish I was a few inches taller so I could branch out more with modeling -- I've got the body, but not the height! Oh, well. I'm the tallest one in my family (aside from my father, who I don't live with). My dad's family supposedly has tall genes, but I think I'm done growing.

People tend to think I'm taller than I am, since I'm very lean and leggy.

AnnaMaria

New in Town
I'm 5'2 and I like being this short. I need very little fabric when I make clothes (it's hard to buy clothes though).

But I sometimes wish I was taller when I can't reach what I want at the grocery store. I once asked a man if he could help me reach a soda and he asked if I wanted him to lift me!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
5'4" and it's probably the only thing about myself i haven't really had a huge problem with at one point! the only time i'd ever really like to be taller is when i try on pants and they're all 8 inches too long, HELLO, i'm 5'4, not 4'5!! my mom and sister are exactly the same height as me.

i have dated guys the same height many times and been VERY glad i'm not taller. it's funny though... they've all tried to pass themselves off as 5'6" or 5'7"! lol my last girlfriend, however, was 5'2 and a good 40 pounds lighter than me, which unleashed a bunch of ugly "why can't I be petite and adorable, you don't even like vintage clothing!" -type issues. (amazingly, she's still my best friend and still lets me dress her up on occasion...)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
this thread is funny! You ladies are cracking me up today!lol
I'm 5'3" , and never notice that I'm short until I am right next to someone and wnt to give them a hug, or I finally realize I am craning my neck to look up at them.lol There were a couple of times in my life I wanted to be taller.. but really I just wanted longer legs. I have midget legs.. let's just say that the capris they sell in the store... those are PANTS on me. Always. It's so frustrating sometimes. When I was thinner, I could shop in the kids/teens section and buy the husky size. But the length was proper!

Oh and I forgot to mention, my husband LOOOOOOOVES that I am short.. he really likes that my head goes to his chest. something about that makes him happy, and he gets bummed when I wear any kind of heels. I like it, because it's perfect kissing height, but he likes me to be short. hee hee!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:
this thread is funny! You ladies are cracking me up today! let's just say that the capris they sell in the store... those are PANTS on me. Always. It's so frustrating sometimes.

red, capris look ridiculous on me - too long to be cute, too short to be pant-length. dork city!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
I am 5"7 and love it! Until I go pants shopping b/c I am short waisted and long legged. What a combo! Oh well, at least I have great legs! My husband is an inch or two taller than me. I like it that we are the same height(and the same size:eek: we can switch clothes!).

Samantha

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
retrogirl1941 said:
I am 5"7 and love it! Until I go pants shopping b/c I am short waisted and long legged. What a combo! Oh well, at least I have great legs! My husband is an inch or two taller than me. I like it that we are the same height(and the same size:eek: we can switch clothes!).

Boyfriend is 4" taller than I am and we also have the same inseam. Guys are typically long waisted, while more women are short-waisted. Given that he likes vintage men's clothing with a higher waist, I can usually wear his pants too :)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not me, I'm all torso. SO long-waisted. I sit next to my 6'1" boyfriend and I am taller than him! Sigh. I have this fond memory of a conversation with one of my friends:

Me: I have the hardest time with pants because I'm long-waisted. I always get camel toe!
Her: What's long-waisted?
Me: You get most of your height from your torso, not your legs.
Her: Oh, I thought that was just called "short legs."

lol

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Snookie said:
Nikki, were you surprised that movie stars were short or tall?

I can't remember the names, I can't keep up with today's stars. But it was a wide range... some were 4'11", and I didn't know that Brooke Sheilds was 6'!

The two I'm most surprised about here so far are Ruby and Red... I had no idea, you both "seem" much taller! Ruby I seriously would've thought you were like 5'9"!

I wish I was at least two inches taller. Every pound on a shortie magnifies!!

Oh Bella... the dreaded camel toe, ROFL!!!!!!! I'm long in the torso as well and feel your pain. And if I get the next pant size up they're huge in the waist. I've gotta have em fit tight in the rear or I look frumpy dumpy.

Capri pants are not my friend either Shooshoo and Red....
I did find some Docker's petites that I like!
But I find that some petites are TOO short. It's a PITA.

Hannah, the pic with your honey is a hoot. I've seen that before tho and never even noticed till you brought it up!
Nikki

You know what ladies, I'm glad it's not just me that has the short leg problem!!! I always get really upset when trouser shopping because petite sizes don't fit & are generally a bit too short but 'regular' is sooooo long. Where are all the women that those trousers fit? I'm sure I've never met an 8' tall lady who weighs about 3 stone lol

I also thought I had a long body compared to stumpy legs, but it turns out that when shopping for vintage I'm just stumpy.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I'm all torso too. I have a good friend who's the same height as me but her legs are about 3 inches longer. Her hipbones are so much higher than mine! But it's remarkable how people vary. She also is thinner than me, but weighs more and has wider hips. I think maybe her bones are heavier than mine? [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass