Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

MissHannah

One Too Many
You know what's funny? I don't hear anybody saying "oh trousers always fit me just fine"! We're all struggling with too short or too long. There just aren't enough size variations in clothing to accommodate all the wondrous and varied female shapes.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
I'm 5'9" and my fianc?© is 5'11". Somehow though, I can wear his pants without cuffing them, but when he wears his pants.. sometimes he has these ridiculous Brian Setzer 8" cuffs at the bottom.

He is pretty long torso'ed... or as the coined term around here goes.. an Orangahuman... as it were.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
MissHannah said:
You know what's funny? I don't hear anybody saying "oh trousers always fit me just fine"! We're all struggling with too short or too long. There just aren't enough size variations in clothing to accommodate all the wondrous and varied female shapes.

That's the main reason I gave up on trying to wear pants -- I got tired of always looking like I was on my way to the clam flats!

epr25

Practically Family
I am not sure if being shirt torsoed (is that a word?) is better then long. I have and like the vintage jeans, side zip, high waisted. My friend was telling me last night I need to pull them up to avoid a pooch in the crotch ( does anyone else get this?). I showed her when I stood up that they already were about 3" from my boobs. Crazy, but I wear them anyway. I would rather have that then the ones that do not cover half of my bottom.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
That's the main reason I gave up on trying to wear pants -- I got tired of always looking like I was on my way to the clam flats!

I always had the problem of finding a pair of pants that fit perfectly but, not having 50 dollars and up to get pants everytime! I would rather spend that money on beautiful fabrics to make myself a dress or skirt and top!

Samantha

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Like an amazon

In comparison to you ladies I am average 5'7 but I have been this height since I was in 5th grade and I stopped growing. I was so happyt o get to high school and find some boys taller than me.

With my big hair and 3 inches heels I usually give the illusion of 6 feet. I have always been enthralled with tall men but my guy is 5'8 and has a really tall personality, so it is all good.

You know, I went back and looked at a bunch of blog photos and I think I subconsiously make myself shorter in the photos by tilting my head and shifting my weight to one leg. Hmmmm
This is one of the few photos where I look notably taller and I am definately not standing up straight.
bam3.jpg

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I'm 5' 9" - or 174cm in metric! :p Means I'm about 6' in heels.

I like being considered 'tall', although all the girls growing up now seem to be getting taller and taller. Women in general seem to have been smaller back in the day. My mother at 5' 6" towered over her friends in the late 50s/Early 60s, although my Nana at 5' 1" was never exactly considered anything rather than titchy!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
red, capris look ridiculous on me - too long to be cute, too short to be pant-length. dork city!

Aww! My mom actually wears capris as regular pants! She's so tiny...

I used to never be able to find pants that fit my inseam! In middle school, kids would always ask me where the flood was. In high school I discovered some designer jeans at the discount stores like TJ Maxx and Loehmann's, and that was a life-saver. So, I've got the length down...now where can I find those jeans with the right waistline?!

I cannot, however, fit into the super-long "supermodel" cuts. It's like they're made for 40-inch inseam-ed amazons in heels!

texasgirl

One Too Many
I'm 5' even. Well maybe 4' 11 1/2 but I'm claiming 5'. I used to HATE being short. When I was younger- especially in high school. But I'm okay with it now. I'm always the shortest in the room. My mom's 5'3 and dad's about 5'9, so I'd didn't have much of a chance. My hubby is 6' and he loves that I'm short- I fit in the shoulder/armpit/crook really good-lol. But if I could be taller, I'd want to be about 5'3"- I know, such lofty goals-lol. But ohairas is right about every pound showing when your shorter. I do okay with petite, especially in pants they are a must. But sometimes the tops are too small. For some reason, they think if you're short, you have no boobs-lol.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
This thread is great I never realised that there were so many tall ladies amongst us nearly a third so far!!!

I can almost start to consider myself the petite height I've always longed to be next to all of you goddess types!!;) 5.5 is just so AVERAGE, I'm neither strikingly tall or adorably petite but I can always imagine that I am I suppose.........[huh]

playbelle

New in Town
I'm 5'2 and quite content with it (makes me feel tiny and delicate :eek: ), though always having to hem my pants shorter is a bit of a pain! Just last night I took off 5'' inseam from a pair that otherwise fits me like a glove. :mad: I usually only wear 2'' heels at most.

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
I'm 5'10 and almost always wear at least a 3" heel. I remember in "Palm Beach Story" Joel McCrea's character describes his wife (Claudette Colbert) as "tall" - what was she, about 5'5? And when Bogie first saw Lauren Bacall (5'7, I think) he said "she's an Amazon!" I'm pretty sure Ava Gardner was also about 5'7.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Decobelle said:
I'm 5'10 and almost always wear at least a 3" heel. I remember in "Palm Beach Story" Joel McCrea's character describes his wife (Claudette Colbert) as "tall" - what was she, about 5'5? And when Bogie first saw Lauren Bacall (5'7, I think) he said "she's an Amazon!" I'm pretty sure Ava Gardner was also about 5'7.

I allways thought Lauren was taller! But I guess the fella wasn't as tall as they are today. Isnt Gary Grant one of the tallest actors abck then?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I'm 5'1". I have a sister that's 6' tall, and I can't believe that we came from the same parents.

When I get comments about "you're so short", my response is "but my feet touch the ground, and isn't that all that matters?"

:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore