Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How young is too young to wear a Fedora?

RedPop4

One Too Many
Just so you all know, the cigars are real. They boys are NOT interested in the cigars, they get on my case about smoking every now and again. The little one thinks I'm going to die, and tells me so, everytime I smoke. He expects me to keel over before I finish that very cigar. They're getting the "full court press" in school. We used the cigars only for photographic props.

I figured we're adults here and people would understand that.

The older one, he's going on ten, and he can fit in a size 7. His new Indy, purchased at Disney MGM Studios is a medium and it fits him rather well. The younger one likes hats in principle, but will not keep one on. The older one loves his hat, and eagerly wears his when I suggest it. I don't say it much, but they're good kids.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Havana said:
Got my first fedora, a 100% beaver old men's shop special, when I was 10. I paid a grand total of $36 for it. I still remember the day I rode my bike 7 seven miles to the store to buy it. Many times I would just visit that place to look at their glorious wall of hats. That place is gone with wind now but I think of it often.

Inquiring minds want to know - do you still have that first hat? Just curious...

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Youngsters in Fedoras

Today I visited a bluegrass band I sponsor with hats, and one of their members (violin player) appears to be a teenager, although I know he is in his 20's. He looked terrific in his Fedora! The whole band wears them when they perform, and they all looked great on stage. It was a pleasure to meet Pine Mountain Railroad. If you like bluegrass music, here's a link to today's experience:

http://www.thefedorastore.com/category-s/115.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy