Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Human Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddt667

New in Town
Is it or is it not human nature to flaunt it if you got it. I'm referring to my other posting about my complaint that there are no emblems on the Ralph Lauren Purple Label Line. My point was, if I'm going to pay $400.00 for a shirt I want people to know it.

Back under the bridge with you.

troll4.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I really think one thread was enough. If you want to flaunt brand name items, go buy a baseball cap, and leave the sticker + tags attached. Then go buy a shirt, leave all price tags attached, same with jeans. For the shoes, remove the bar code, and superglue it to the laces.

ddt667

New in Town
People that disagree with me on this are completely out of touch with the reality. It is normal for the vast majority of people of every culture on the planet to express their wealth and success in life through their material possessions.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
May as well dive in here, before the thread's closed. If I was you, I'd dive down market. It tends to be that the further you go from quality and craftsmanship, the larger and more prominent the label is. It's like hi-fi systems: the rubbish ones tend to be plastered with the words 'hyper', 'mega' and 'super' with lots of buttons and flashing LEDs, while the really good ones tend to have a series of letters and numbers, painted uniformly grey with a couple of switches on the front.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
People that disagree with me on this are completely out of touch with the reality. It is normal for the vast majority of people of every culture on the planet to express their wealth and success in life through their material possessions.

Yes it is. But "wealth", "success" or just "taste" and "style" (you don't have to be wealthy to have that) are expressed through garments of quality and dignified restraint. That's why "expensive", bespoke suits, shirts etc. and shoes are not emblazoned with emblems and logos.

Flaunting emblems and logos is tacky and show a lack of culture and refinement. It's for poseurs. This.:hand:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany