Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hydrox Cookies Back for Limited Time!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dhermann1 said:
OT. Speaking of disgusting but delicious stuff, has anyone noticed that they're making KitKats in a new shape? No more with the old size wafer cookies, they're twice as thick, standard candy bar size, and as much fun to chomp into as plywood. Ugh.

You can't get the original anymore? Who would want a big gross kit kat! Break me off a piece of the original Kit Kat bar!

alexandra

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
OT. Speaking of disgusting but delicious stuff, has anyone noticed that they're making KitKats in a new shape? No more with the old size wafer cookies, they're twice as thick, standard candy bar size, and as much fun to chomp into as plywood. Ugh.

They're two different chocolate bars. The one you're describing is Kit Kat Chunky. They made a bunch of "Chunky" versions including Aero. You can still get the old kind as well.

shepkatt

Familiar Face
Natty Bumpo said:
When Keebler acquired Sunshine in 1996, Sunshine was a distant third behind Keebler and Nabisco. Keebler then replaced the original Hydrox with a reformulated, sweeter cookie aimed more at children, called Droxies. When they failed to make a dent in the Oreo, Kellogg, which had acquired Keebler in 2001, quietly stopped making Hydrox two years later.

And the common denominator in the loss of Hydrox and my beloved Sunshine Lemon Coolers is the Keebler acquisition. Those dang elves.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Originally posted by dhermann1:

Aieeee!!! Are you serious? KitKats weren't designed to be like that. :(

These "Hydrox" cookies sound interesting. I may have to pick up some just for the vintage novelty. :)

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I forgot about Hydrox.
O.T. when will they make the Three Musketeers like they used to? Limited edition with three flavours would be nice.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats