Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I bought Something Vintage! -Updated with new stuff.-

Jovan

Suspended
Those adjusters at the side are called "Daks tops" I believe on Savile Row. I like them. Doesn't require a belt or braces, and gives you that clean looking front that I love on trousers to more formal suits.

Isn't the Daks waistband adjuster the one with buttons to adjust the waist? Like on this German suit:

P1010022.jpg

bk

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Hem's beautiful grey suit is Polo by Ralph Lauren. Back in the '70s and '80s, Ralph Lauren made a distinctive peaked lapel that distinguished him from other designers. Practically no other makers produced peak lapels with that particular shape to it.

Also, Ralph Lauren's jackets had pocket flaps with 90-degree angled corners, as opposed to rounded corners. This, too, was almost unique to Polo.

Jovan

Suspended
Hmm, perhaps I was mistaken. I prefer the buckle type ones you have in any case. Buttons only allow you to adjust 1-2" at a time, rather than small increments.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Wide Wing Collar Update

collar1.jpg
Fletch said:
Have written New & Lingwood and Luke Eyres in hopes of tracking down Marc's collar. Will report back.
Clean forgot about this. Here are the findings:

Luke Eyres wrote back and said they will only do the styles currently on offer. Needless to say, this is not one.

New & Lingwood did not reply. The "Eton" & "Cambridge" locations suggest to me that the 1107 collar may have been made available only to those connected with one or the other institution.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Braces said:
Love those leather suspenders, I must keep an eye out for a pair!
Thank you!

They were a lot of work to get into wearable shape. The metal was tarnished, so I spent a good hour with Tarnex brining them back up to their shiny original appearance. They were leaving green marks on my shirt.

And the dyes in the leather were also coming off on my shirt and the leather was dried out. However, two doses with Peckard brought them back to their original suppleness and luster.

Now they are perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925