Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I DID buy this Stratoliner!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Great looking hat Tom!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Glad that it worked out and you finally got the lid. You know, the brim binding sort of looks copper instead of orange. It sort of gives one the feel of the old prop planes that had a copper leading edge on a dark wooden prop.
Congratulations!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
I bought a Statoliner hat box in great condition in a different auction. I didn't realize that they were so... oval. I thought it was just the camera angle. The brim would have to be turned up on the sides to fit inside the box. Oh, well...

Thanks again for the support, everyone!

Cheers,
Tom

TY, that is the way the box is supposed to be for the Stratoliner, it was to help keep the brim curl in. I have all mine in those type of boxes and they do help to keep the hats original shape. BTW, the hat is a beaut.

fedoralover

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
TY, glad it worked out. That hat looks worth the trouble.

I hope the seller is still smarting from all the feedback we sent.
As for what TY should leave, that's up to him. I personally
believe in leaving negative feedback. But there's a seller now
who passed off a hat to me with the wrong size and refuses to
respond to my messages. I may not leave negative feedback just
because this guy will no doubt reciprocate.... we'll see. But
it's up to TY.

Bogie

One of the Regulars
WOW!!!

Tango Yankee, that is one helluva hat! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I love the contrasting ribbon against the brown felt, it shows every last bit of grief you put up with the seller really paid off. That Strat is just amazing. It is one of the most beautiful fedoras I have laid eyes upon. I venture to say that your hat is with you because you stuck it out till the end. To your persistance and beautiful hat, I salute you.

As to whether or not the seller should be removed from Ebay, I believe that he did his damnest to slip out of a legally binding contract. An act that was a breaking of buyer/seller trust as much as the law. Because of the violation of this trust, he should be put on e-bay probation.

Just my two cents.

S

Samsa

Marc Chevalier said:
What do you think, fellers ... should the seller still be pushed out of eBay, or has he redeemed himself somewhat ?

I think we forced redemption upon him. I doubt he would have sent the hat without the barrage of comments we sent his way.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Samsa said:
I think we forced redemption upon him. I doubt he would have sent the hat without the barrage of comments we sent his way.

That, the fact that the people bombarding him with comments and whom he in turn bad-mouthed were the same people who would be most interested in the hat, the fact that his $165 starting bid generated zero takers, and my contacting eBay about the problem. He pretty much painted himself into a corner where, if he hadn't honored the auction, he would have found himself
with a hat he couldn't sell and most likely banned from eBay.

I doubt he learned anything from the experience as his disdain for his customers was obvious. I also doubt that eBay would do anything about it. He would likely stick to his story about attempting to cancel the first auction and then going out of town after posting the second and since I did get the hat in the end as far as eBay would be concerned all's well that ends well.

He'll get a neutral from me as soon as I figure out how to word it properly. I do think that he initially made a mistake in not making sure the first auction was down (the wording of the second one referencing the first one helps with that impression) but his handling of the situation after that sucked. In the end I did get the hat in good shape. I do expect retalitory feedback since he's not posted any yet.

RBH, thanks for the link! That's the way I thought it would go in. Nice to have it confirmed.

DJ, you're right, it is a coppery color... kind of a reddish copper.

And thanks everyone else for your kind words and support! You're all a class act!

Cheers,
Tom

S

Samsa

Tango Yankee said:
That, the fact that the people bombarding him with comments and whom he in turn bad-mouthed were the same people who would be most interested in the hat, the fact that his $165 starting bid generated zero takers, and my contacting eBay about the problem.

That too.:D

PapaSimone

Familiar Face
Lovely lid!

I am sure it is a newbie question but can someone explain the difference between a "royal stetson" and a stetson? I have a royal stetson that has been "aquanized." what does this mean? Does it have anything to do with Kwanzaa? A Kiwanis club?

Bruce A. Fulmer

New in Town
Strat Box?

There have been several comments that the Strat box was designed to shape the brim. I wonder if the more oval shape ("streamlined", like an airplane) wasn't an ad ploy.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Even as I promote the word of forgivenss, let it me noted that I was among those who admonished the seller by e-mail, albeit minus counter-abusive wording, that he was in the wrong. Neutral feedback? At least. Whatever feedback is offered can we worded in such a way as to address the truth while still giving the benefit of the doubt: I perform that task almost daily in my calling. The law covicts and punishes, forgiveness works change in the heart. Both are called for. Beg pardon, my theology is showing.:eek:

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara