Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I got offered a new modelling contract!

GOK

One Too Many
And it happened so randomly too.

As I was leaving the jazz club last night, a photographer stopped me and told me that he'd been taking photos of me all evening and that he'd be happy to give me prints.

He then went on to ask if I'd consider modelling for him and when I mentioned that I used to be a professional model, his exact words were:

"No sh**! It's pretty obvious"

Huh? Hang on, I am the person that never notices cameras, admiring glances or anything like that. I wander around in my own little world and probably wouldn't even notice if a hole opened up in front of me...until I fell in it of course! Now, if I had been posing or something, I could understand his comment but I didn't even know there was a photographer in the house! :eusa_doh:

Anyway, I pointed out that I am way past my prime and that I have more wobbly bits that a wobbly thing at a wobbly party but he was adamant that I was 'perfect'. He said I was the most stunning woman he'd seen in a very long time. The poor deluded fool!

Still, it was lovely of him to say so. We swapped cards and I agreed to be his muse! See, that's even better than being a model! Heheh! Besides, I need a good photograper for my clothing! :D

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
GOK said:
a photographer stopped me and told me that he'd been taking photos of me all evening and that he'd be happy to give me prints.

OH MY GOD! I'm not sure I'd be happy if someone was snapping me without my permission, isn't that an invasion of human rights these days? LOL

But that is great! And I told you that you look wonderful and have a great figure - you are one lucky moo :rage:

P.S. Where is the pic of you in the dress?

GOK

One Too Many
~landgirl~ said:
OH MY GOD! I'm not sure I'd be happy if someone was snapping me without my permission, isn't that an invasion of human rights these days? LOL

It may well be but I think that sometimes you just have to accept that people will be people and not everyone can be a saint all the time. It doesn't bother me - I'm an adult, if people want to take photos, that's great. I became a professional model 25 years ago - at my age, I tend not to mind if people still find me attractive! lol

But that is great! And I told you that you look wonderful and have a great figure - you are one lucky moo :rage:

I'm not sure I agree with you. I still remember what it was to have a 22" waist. When my eldest son was 11, we took the same size in jeans...although of course, his were shorter.

I also have vivid memories of being young, firm and very toned...my mind is still under the illusion that my body should still be like that. I'm not ready to be middle aged yet, I'm so not. [huh]

P.S. Where is the pic of you in the dress?

Darn, I haven't done it yet - I'll endeavour to get it done over the weekend!

fleur

One of the Regulars
See thats what a darn fine looking statuesque woman like yourself should be agreeing to.

Good on you girl and you have my heartfelt congratulations :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Congratulations, thats so exciting! I always wanted to model, but when I got my chance (modeling for an art photographer), it was really hard! It's very difficult not to space out when youre sitting or standing still for so long. Or maybe thats just my ADD! ;)

Anyway, congrats!

GOK

One Too Many
pigeon toe said:
Congratulations, thats so exciting! I always wanted to model, but when I got my chance (modeling for an art photographer), it was really hard! It's very difficult not to space out when youre sitting or standing still for so long. Or maybe thats just my ADD! ;)

Anyway, congrats!

No you're right. People that have never modelled before often don't appear to understand how much hard work goes into it. They think all you have to do is stand in front of a camera and look pretty (or whatever the brief is). They don't think of the hours spent contorting your body into odd positions, the endless repetition, holding poses for 15 or 20 shots, nor the hours. I think the shortest shoot I ever did was around 7 hours but usually they'd be nearer 12-15. And of course, you always have to look immaculate and stay patient even when bits of you are going numb. :(

But if at the end of it you get an image that looks effortless, then it's a job well done.

Gosh, do I really want to be doing all that again? I must be barking! lol

GOK

One Too Many
Fletch said:
...by the way, has everybody checked out her pix on the link in her profile? You should. You definitely should.

-the guy in Gok's sig :fedora:

Gosh have you been stalking me, Fletch? ;) **blows kiss from afar**

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace