Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have died and gone to.....hat heaven

Speaking of always learning ...

These early threads show just how much HAS been learned over the life of this forum. Our discussions are much more informed and nuanced now. The earliest members are much to thank for that.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Wow! Talk about a resurrection of the dead, I was surprised to see this thread come back to life. A lot has changed since 03. For one, I have a lot more hats now than I did then. And even though there were hats like that Adam which went pretty high for that time, and there were others too that went exceptionally high back then. I remember a mint Stratoliner that went for $560. But for the most part you could still get a heck of a hat for between 45 to 80 dollars. I still see bargains on ebay and at antique shows. I picked up a mint Strat not too long ago for $50. in Portland. I have seen some hats on ebay go lower recently too. So things continue the ebb and flow of market demand. I think the lounge has helped thousands of people become more knowledgeable about what is and what is not a quality hat. Also by the many "how to" threads here people have learned how to reshape a crumpled lid which may have lessened it's price before, but not so much now.

This has definitely been the place to go for info on hats and other vintage items. I have learned a lot since being a member here all these years. Egads, has it really been 11 years!!

fedoralover

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925